Lucasfilm Announces Rogue Squadron Movie, Multiple New Star Wars Shows, and Return of Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader in Obi-Wan Series

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
anakin-hood-sith-eyes-revenge-of-the-sith-1024x576.jpg
Image: Lucasfilm

During today’s Disney Investor Day 2020 event, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy dropped a megaton of Star Wars news and projects that should pique the interest of even the most estranged fan. They include a Rogue Squadron movie directed by Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman), an untitled film by Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok), six new Star Wars shows, as well as the return of Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader for Ewan McGregor’s Obi-Wan Kenobi series.

“It was such an incredible journey playing Anakin Skywalker,” Christensen said in support of the announcement. “Of course, Anakin and Obi-Wan weren’t on the greatest of terms when we last saw them… It will...

Continue reading...

My wife is the fan in the house. She ~hated~ the Disney movies. But she likes Mando, and is optimistic about these shows.

Blah. Even the mandalorian is dragging for me.
Unless they fix it quick, I ain't even looking forward to the next episode.
Season 1 I was in , season 2 is starting to feel quite different, boring.
I am alone and crazy on this?

I've been enjoying the Mandalorian, and would give these new projects a try if done right.

Too much. Way, way, too much. We've enjoyed Mandalorian but this only shows how little confidence they have for theatrical projects now. Basically, throw it all at Mickey's virtual wall and see what sticks. Guess Jar Jar's gameshow didn't pan out? What about KK's all-female movie or is that the PJ project?

Waiiiit just one minute here. Did nobody else read the bit about another willow movie with the same willow actor?! I'm interested in that. Indiana jones... sadly... not so much. Unless they have a toned up Brendan Frasier to take on the role. He had the right chops back in the mummy movies.

Blah. Even the mandalorian is dragging for me.
Unless they fix it quick, I ain't even looking forward to the next episode.
Season 1 I was in , season 2 is starting to feel quite different, boring.
I am alone and crazy on this?

No, you are not. At least, I am with you.

Season 1 was great. Good flow of the story line, good action, I was into it.
Season 2 isn't giving me the same anticipation. I feel like each show is shorter than Season 1 (need to look into that) and it feels more like they're dragging the story along DragonBall Z style. Action is still there, but I went from watching the show the day it came out to 2 - 3 days after release. In fact, I just watched the latest episode about half an hour ago. Wasn't impressed. If this continues, I will most likely just wait till season 3 is out so I can just binge watch it in one day.

No, you are not. At least, I am with you.

Season 1 was great. Good flow of the story line, good action, I was into it.
Season 2 isn't giving me the same anticipation. I feel like each show is shorter than Season 1 (need to look into that) and it feels more like they're dragging the story along DragonBall Z style. Action is still there, but I went from watching the show the day it came out to 2 - 3 days after release. In fact, I just watched the latest episode about half an hour ago. Wasn't impressed. If this continues, I will most likely just wait till season 3 is out so I can just binge watch it in one day.
I do agree that it does feel like they're dragging things out. I still like almost everything else but my wife and I both feel they need to wrap this storyline up this season else next season is going to feel really redundant. It's basically turning the show into a launch point for new series instead of something unique and special. Still fun to watch but losing its value.

KK is still boss, so if any of them hit it will be a fluke just like Rogue One and Mandolarian were. Everything else has been hot garbage.
Rogue One seemed like a filler movie between the main entries and it turned out to be great. Mandalorian I imagine was to test the waters of a big budget series to launch with Disney+ and grab subscribers. So far Favreau has been able to maintain almost complete control of it. The fact that Kennedy wasn't involved much in either of these cases is probably why people love them.

To make star wars really popular again they honestly need to walk away from it for about 5 years. Let people gestate some fond memories and have some conversations around it outside of the "Disney Hose of Content Creation!". THEN release some new content around it.

But as it stands everyone is trapped at home and consuming content faster than any studio can make it.

To make star wars really popular again they honestly need to walk away from it for about 5 years. Let people gestate some fond memories and have some conversations around it outside of the "Disney Hose of Content Creation!". THEN release some new content around it.

But as it stands everyone is trapped at home and consuming content faster than any studio can make it.
That is not the way.

My first question would be, why? It's not like we will see his face nor hear his voice (BTW no mention of James Earl Jones...)

At least we got to see Mando's face (while throwing away his mandalorian creed in a heartbeat).

My first question would be, why? It's not like we will see his face nor hear his voice (BTW no mention of James Earl Jones...)

At least we got to see Mando's face (while throwing away his mandalorian creed in a heartbeat).

I'm assuming "new" flashback scenes? Because otherwise you're right, what does it matter who is in the suit and mask? Hell even Mando isn't the actor in the suit 95% of the time.

I'm assuming "new" flashback scenes? Because otherwise you're right, what does it matter who is in the suit and mask? Hell even Mando isn't the actor in the suit 95% of the time.

I'd love a flashback of a full gore Anaking going berzerk on the younglings :LOL: :LOL:

I'm actually really enjoying the new season of Mandalorian (even more than season 1). Season 1 was decent, but too many 'filler' episodes that felt like they were there to pad the season.

Season 2, even the 'filler' episodes add to the overall arc.

And I'm actually feeling pretty pumped for the new projects, even after the Disney trilogy killed a lot of my enthusiasm for the franchise.

Well
1) It was a droid
2) It isn't actually the Mandalorian Creed that was Deathwatches Creed (you saw Jango/Bobba Fett's in the Prequels and in the Mandalorian too).

Become a Patron!
Back