Sony Is Planning to Bring Its Biggest Franchises to Mobile

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
playstation-logo-triangle-montage-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony

Uncharted, God of War, and other major PlayStation franchises are headed to mobile devices. This is according to a new job listing posted by Sony Interactive Entertainment, which seeks a Head of Mobile who will be responsible for leading the development and strategy of PlayStation Studios’ new mobile business unit. In addition to expanding game development from consoles and PCs to mobile and live services, this individual will also be tasked with adapting PlayStation’s most popular franchises for mobile devices.

As the business unit leader, you will promote the vision, mission, strategy for mobile game development within PlayStation Studios and be responsible for driving the business unit commercial success and profitability. Build and execute against a mobile 3-5yr business plan, outlining growth targets, resources needs &...

Continue reading...

Gawd damnit. Companies need to stop doing this sh1t.
Didn’t Nintendo try this to great ... mediocrity?
Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem Heroes didn't take off, but I sadly I think Mario Kart Tour and especially Pokemon Go have been bringing in cash. I could be mistaken though. Hope I am.

So they stop support for vita and psp. Then they announce games coming to mobile. So now they will be making phone games? I have more respect for companies that produce a handheld device to their spec. Now they are at the whims of phone producers everywhere.

Don't you people have phones?

I've only saw two kind of mobile game:
1. made unplayable by touchscreen controls
2. terrible cashgrab built around microtransactions and p2w.

Gawd damnit. Companies need to stop doing this sh1t.

Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem Heroes didn't take off, but I sadly I think Mario Kart Tour and especially Pokemon Go have been bringing in cash. I could be mistaken though. Hope I am.
I recall nintendo releasing a few titles exclusively for the shield TV console in china. I don't know what happened to that.

Last edited:
I recall nintendo releasing a few titles exclusively for the shield TV console in china. I don't know what happened to that.
Yeah, I think one was Super Mario Sunshine, and the other was Zelda: Twilight Princess. Not sure what became of all that.

Become a Patron!
Back