Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite, good, bad, or ugly?

Endgame

Semi-regular
I snagged a 6700XT via new egg shuffle and got stuck buying a Aorus Elite in part of the combo. Anyone used this board? Last time I used a gigabyte board was back in the core 2 quad days and I hated the “ultra durable” board, but maybe they have gotten better since then.

if it’s not too bad, I’ve got a friend looking to buy a new PC that I could sell it to at a discount, but since I’ll be remote tech support I’d rather throw the board out than give him a “deal” on junk hardware.

Last time I used a gigabyte board was back in the core 2 quad days and I hated the “ultra durable” board, but maybe they have gotten better since then.
Shoot those were the good ones!
if it’s not too bad, I’ve got a friend looking to buy a new PC that I could sell it to at a discount, but since I’ll be remote tech support I’d rather throw the board out than give him a “deal” on junk hardware.
I assume the cost of the board is no object... but I seriously doubt the board is 'junk'. Should run your 5950X mentioned in your sig just fine.

[can't say much for Gigabyte either way; I've mostly used ASRock out of desperation for specific features, and if anything else stands out, it's MSIs terrible RGB software and that ASUS has the best UEFIs out there]

GIGABYTE's Aorus line is good to go. From a hardware perspective, GIGABYTE is building some of the best boards you can buy right now. Their VRM's on their upper end boards are among the absolute best and most powerful out there.

GIGABYTE's Aorus line is good to go. From a hardware perspective, GIGABYTE is building some of the best boards you can buy right now. Their VRM's on their upper end boards are among the absolute best and most powerful out there.
The elite is the lower end of the spectrum, correct? Do you know if the X570 is basically the B550 Elite with a different chipset?
Mostly I’m just trying to establish exactly what I bought just to get a mid range video card.

Solid board. Have mine in a mixed server/VR system with a 3950X. Works well. With the latest bios at least. Had the usual x570 USB issues and I had a power issue (weird crash off boot on idle) that was rare and fixed fast.

Become a Patron!
Back