Bandai Announces Star Wars R2-D2 Tamagotchi

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
r2-d2-tamagotchi-white-on-macbook-1024x576.jpg
Image: Bandai

One of the galaxy’s most famous astromech droids has been turned into a Tamagotchi. Coming in either white or hologram translucent blue colors, the R2-D2 Tamagotchi features two mini-games and seven more that are unlockable. Owners will also get to experience short clips from the movies as they keep Artoo charged, cleaned, and have the feisty droid master 19 skills. The pocket-sized droid is now up for preorder for $20.99 and will be released just in time for the holidays on November 11...

Continue reading...

Tamagotchi?

What year is it again? I haven't heard that word in 25 years.
Evidently, it's well cemented in the retro culture scene and here to stay for a while longer. I've seen a number of stories over the last couple of years where they just manage to license other IPs with it to keep it alive.

Evidently, it's well cemented in the retro culture scene and here to stay for a while longer. I've seen a number of stories over the last couple of years where they just manage to license other IPs with it to keep it alive.
I thought all you had to do was push the "Feed" button every 5 minutes to keep it alive.

It will be sold to bots in seconds then posted in ebay for 300 bucks.
Sadly I thought the same when I was prepping this story. Amazon was already sold out but one of Bandai's partners still had them. For $21 I didn't think it was a bad price considering I remember paying more for other things in the 80s. I didn't get one but still think it's kind of cool.

Can you call black and white stop motion lcd playback a video? I mean.. I remember playing a racing game on my lcd calculator watch when I was a kid... wow that was a long time ago. Sorry where was I? Lol

Can you call black and white stop motion lcd playback a video? I mean.. I remember playing a racing game on my lcd calculator watch when I was a kid... wow that was a long time ago. Sorry where was I? Lol
I can recall having some full blown 15 fps MPEGs on my HP48G. And all those crappy Tiger handheld games - those were awesome (awesomely horrible) when you couldn't afford a Gameboy.

I can recall having some full blown 15 fps MPEGs on my HP48G. And all those crappy Tiger handheld games - those were awesome (awesomely horrible) when you couldn't afford a Gameboy.

I never wanted one of those. Back in the day we were mostly broke. I cherished my NES on a 12 inch black and white TV that was mine. I don't even want to think about the number of hours I put into wizardry. Rolling rolling rolling rolling. YES stats for a samurai. Or a knight lord was it? And of course the ninjas.. I got to where I was basically doing speed run grinding to beat the game and do it again.. that's all before computers were homeward bound and the internet..

Ahhh the simpler times before steam backlogs where you played the 1 or 2 games you had and swapped between friends to try new games. Back when pawn shops for video games could make money... I mean uhhh gamestops.. and electronic boutiques..

I never wanted one of those. Back in the day we were mostly broke. I cherished my NES on a 12 inch black and white TV that was mine. I don't even want to think about the number of hours I put into wizardry. Rolling rolling rolling rolling. YES stats for a samurai. Or a knight lord was it? And of course the ninjas.. I got to where I was basically doing speed run grinding to beat the game and do it again.. that's all before computers were homeward bound and the internet..

Ahhh the simpler times before steam backlogs where you played the 1 or 2 games you had and swapped between friends to try new games. Back when pawn shops for video games could make money... I mean uhhh gamestops.. and electronic boutiques..
I mentioned in my BIO about my 1st computer being a used Atari 400. I used to save up money and my Dad would take me to ma&pa shops to look for games for it. Occasionally I'd order something out of a Compute! or similar magazine. Years later I eventually got lucky enough to tap into a group of people where we traded games.

Become a Patron!
Back