Newegg Shuffle

Who knows if anyone will get anything but it looks like combo day today. On the flip side, there's stuff most brands with 3070 Ti, 3080, 3080 Ti, and 3090 cards. It's kind of rare to see that kind of selection.

I've taken a break from most of these recently as we've some debts to pay off but I do still check in on them daily. At the same time, I've been checking Amazon scalper prices about once every week or so for the last 60 days. I've seen the Strix 3090 drop by nearly $1K from over $4K to just over $3K(I just saw one for 3175-don't buy but still worth noting). Meanwhile, NE often pairs them with a mobo or something else pushing its purchase price close to those of scalpers. At this rate, give it a month and some people will be better off getting from Amazon, even with a slight markup, than buying a combo you don't want and have to try to resell parts to recoup. Better yet, wait until fall and some cards might be back to, or really close to, MSRP.

I'm sure that dynamic won't be true for all cards, especially for the highly sought-after ones like the 3080 Ti, but those looking for 3090s may soon have more palatable options.

Finally won one of the shuffles! Got an Aorus 3080 Ti Master and an Aorus X570S Master motherboard. Not bad, but not sure what I'll do with the motherboard which seems to be the norm with these shuffles.

I'm trying to figure out why that board is so expensive - but congrats on even being able to buy a GPU!

I'm trying to figure out why that board is so expensive - but congrats on even being able to buy a GPU!
The board went up in price after the fact (Showing over $400 after I won the shuffle).

It looks like a nice board - I'm just somewhat annoyed by the idea that 'a nice board' is a >US$350 thing.

Aside from having four NVMe slots, something that vendors seem to be otherwise skimping on with AMD boards, just not seeing the justification - unless lesser boards are significantly under-built or otherwise troublesome to work with?

It looks like a nice board - I'm just somewhat annoyed by the idea that 'a nice board' is a >US$350 thing.

Aside from having four NVMe slots, something that vendors seem to be otherwise skimping on with AMD boards, just not seeing the justification - unless lesser boards are significantly under-built or otherwise troublesome to work with?
Got the board today ,and it's certainly nice as far as build quality. Very similar to my Z490 Xtreme which is built like a tank. I'm torn with what to do with it actually. Part of me wants to try out an AMD set up which I haven't done in years and sell off my current Intel stuff or just hold on to it. These boards are all over eBay and they aren't selling so that's not really an option.

Got the board today ,and it's certainly nice as far as build quality. Very similar to my Z490 Xtreme which is built like a tank. I'm torn with what to do with it actually. Part of me wants to try out an AMD set up which I haven't done in years and sell off my current Intel stuff or just hold on to it. These boards are all over eBay and they aren't selling so that's not really an option.
That's been the quandary for me as well and ultimately I've given in to paying a hiked price($2900) for a Suprim 3090 from a reputable reseller(XOTIC PC) recently. I've got 3 rigs running in the house currently(3700x/x570 4930k/x79 and laptop with a 11800U) so getting another MOBO would be more trouble than it's worth unless I had someone to buy it.

If I didn't have all this stuff I'd be on the same track as you in considering a new build. Between Intel and AMD it's kind of an exciting time with new processors. That review comparison Brent did with the 5800 vs 3700 got my attention but I couldn't really justify doing a new build right now. The biggest downside for a new build right now is the ram. DDR4 prices are o.k., but expensive, while DDR5 is only getting worse. If you've got the sticks and PSU on hand then a new build would definitely be a fun upgrade.

That's been the quandary for me as well and ultimately I've given in to paying a hiked price($2900) for a Suprim 3090 from a reputable reseller(XOTIC PC) recently. I've got 3 rigs running in the house currently(3700x/x570 4930k/x79 and laptop with a 11800U) so getting another MOBO would be more trouble than it's worth unless I had someone to buy it.

If I didn't have all this stuff I'd be on the same track as you in considering a new build. Between Intel and AMD it's kind of an exciting time with new processors. That review comparison Brent did with the 5800 vs 3700 got my attention but I couldn't really justify doing a new build right now. The biggest downside for a new build right now is the ram. DDR4 prices are o.k., but expensive, while DDR5 is only getting worse. If you've got the sticks and PSU on hand then a new build would definitely be a fun upgrade.
I've actually considered selling the 3080 Ti and making my current Intel build minus the 3090 my office PC as I'm selling the current one to a friend for his son for light gaming. I was thinking of getting a 5900X or 5950X just to tinker with in the X570S board since as I mentioned I haven't used AMD in quite some time. I guess I'll have to see how I feel in the next few days. Thank you for your input..(y)

Last edited:
So far my odds of getting hit by lightning three times in a row during a vasectomy are better than me scoring a newer generation video card.

The local MC has been dropping some prices. I have seen a 6700xt in the $800 range and a 3060ti in the $600 range, but with work on the road, it's hard to get to MC before they are gone.

I figure by the end of the summer, I feel i'll be lucky enough to grab something better than a 1080ti for at least a bit closer to msrp. Then trickle the cards down that I currently have.
Lol, fool. You ain't got ****..... And I got the vasectomy last Monday.

Become a Patron!
Back