Intel Arc A380 Graphics Card Reportedly Features Performance on Par with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-arc-logo-1024x576.jpg

APISAK has shared the purported specifications for one of Intel’s upcoming Arc graphics cards, the A380. According to the leaker, this card will feature clocks of up to 2.45 GHz and 6 GB of GDDR6 memory. APISAK also claims that the performance of the A380 can be compared to that of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER, which features a boost clock of 1.725 GHz and 4 GB of GDDR6.

Intel Arc A380 Graphics 2.45GHz 6GBperf 1650S#IntelArc #DG2— APISAK (@TUM_APISAK) December 2, 2021

The leak seems to confirm previous reports of Intel adopting a simple naming scheme for its Arc graphics cards. All of the models will apparently start with the first...

Continue reading...

Don't worry, they have a product map going out 5 years. Maybe by then they can compete with a 2070?

I was never terribly excited by Intel getting in the race - interested, for sure, but not really excited. This is definitely playing down to my expectations.

The hype gap feels pretty huge... Smells like Vega ... Maybe worse?

Maybe it's just me but at this point it seems like they should be setting their sites a little higher than the 2nd lowest NV tier card that was originally released in November 2019.

not sure if you are serious but this is one of the lower end ones, there are better ones already leaked

Intel's new flagship Arc Alchemist GPU is expected to pack 512 Execution Units and 4096 Shading Units, joined by 16GB of GDDR6 memory on a 256-bit memory bus and GPU clocks of around 2.2GHz to 2.5GHz and a 225-250W TDP

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/8236...g-premium-gpu-could-cost-800-or-so/index.html

not sure if you are serious but this is one of the lower end ones, there are better ones already leaked

Intel's new flagship Arc Alchemist GPU is expected to pack 512 Execution Units and 4096 Shading Units, joined by 16GB of GDDR6 memory on a 256-bit memory bus and GPU clocks of around 2.2GHz to 2.5GHz and a 225-250W TDP

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/8236...g-premium-gpu-could-cost-800-or-so/index.html
Pretty sure we had a story on that one.

Edit: When that article I didn't make it to the very bottom where the specs were listed. I admit I've become somewhat doubtful with all these Arc stories spec-wise. Like @Brian_B, I'll believe it when I see it. I really hope for the best for them but it's been such an incredibly slow process it hasn't done much to bolster my confidence in them. From OEM exclusive cards to cards that are basically versions of what is somewhat included on their CPU wafers it's been a bizarre rollout of what has actually made it into the wild. On the flip I do seem to remember we've also had some mention of that card (4096 Shading Units) a few other times as well with it compared to around a 3060/3070 so here's hoping it becomes real. For the right price that will be the card to get things going for them in the enthusiast market.

Last edited:
Part of me hopes that they are competitive when they finally release but I don't see it. What I do see is them targeting the enterprise space and laptop devices and potentially being competitive there. But for DIY consumers or gamers I just don't see them holding a candle to Nvidia or AMD.

The Chinese company making video cards has a better chance... think of all the IP that they stole to make it. A combined AMD Nvidia card could be good. </s>

Part of me hopes that they are competitive when they finally release but I don't see it. What I do see is them targeting the enterprise space and laptop devices and potentially being competitive there.
Well, this is where they have to start!

In general, IGPs are 'good enough' for anyone not running AAA-games / competitive games and/or not needing the kind of compute grunt that discrete GPUs can bring. Intel's Quicksync video transcoder is also class-leading in the consumer space and is the most widely supported by software.

The needle Intel is moving with their initial spread of discrete GPUs seems (and needs) to be from 'laughable' to 'worth supporting' by game and content creation developers.

I'd look at one of these if they became available for my office PC. Don't need anything really high end there.

You have to start somewhere.

Intel wasn't about to release a 3090 killer out of the gate, but maybe some day they will add some pressure to the more enthusiast oriented GPU segment.

Don't worry, they have a product map going out 5 years. Maybe by then they can compete with a 2070?

I was never terribly excited by Intel getting in the race - interested, for sure, but not really excited. This is definitely playing down to my expectations.

Research on the subject suggests that for a truly competitive market to emerge there needs to be at least 3-5 players. The GPU market has been a duopoly for far too long. I think that the addition of Intel can only be a positive development.

That doesn't mean I am about to rush out and buy one anytime soon, but they will definitely find a market.

Maybe some day they will reach the level where I am interested.

Last edited:
Intel Arc A380 officially debuts in China, it’s slower and more expensive than Radeon RX 6400

Intel Arc A380 officially debuts in China, it’s slower and more expensive than Radeon RX 6400

Intel Arc A380 Slower Than GTX 1650, RX 6400 in Gaming Tests​

It does better in 3DMark benchmarks, but that's little consolation

In the six games tested at 1080p (League of Legends, GTA V, PUGB, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Forza Horizon 5, and Red Dead Redemption 2), Intel's Arc A380 was consistently the poorest performer.

akh9SBtrK8A67AoJL8n3yh-970-80.jpg

Become a Patron!
Back