S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Will Require 180 GB on Xbox, Nearly Half the Usable Internal Storage of Xbox Series S

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
stalker-2-heart-of-chernobyl-key-art-logo-masked-1024x576.jpg
Image: GSC Game World

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fans who opt for the Xbox Series X|S versions of GSC Game World’s long-awaited sequel, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl, will probably want to make sure that they have a Seagate Storage Expansion Card or other type of storage expansion solution.

According to the game’s official store listing on Xbox.com, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl will require 180 GB of storage. This is nearly half of the Xbox Series S’ usable storage, which is estimated to be 364 GB. The console features a 512 GB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD.

Microsoft’s official synopsis for the game:

Discover the vast Chernobyl Exclusion Zone full of dangerous enemies, deadly anomalies and powerful artifacts. Unveil your own epic story as you make your way to the Heart of Chernobyl. Choose your paths wisely, as they will determine your fate and...

Continue reading...

Some demands for efficiency are in order. Full textures and whatever my butt, game makers aren't even fake trying.

Some demands for efficiency are in order. Full textures and whatever my butt, game makers aren't even fake trying.

Yar, and I seem to remember MS describing some sort of 'compression' or 'lower resolution asset' versions of Series S software to offset the small HDD size of the S.

That is a bonkers size right now. If this game doesn't look absolutely stunning I would be wanting my money back on it within minutes of launching it for the first time. The amount of hassel you have to go through is a pain.

Become a Patron!
Back