AOC China Announces 43-Inch 4K 144 Hz Gaming Monitor with HDR 1000

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
aoc-g4309vx-d-monitor-front-1024x575.jpg
Image: AOC

AOC China has announced the G4309VX/D, a 43-inch 4K gaming display with VA panel. It has a 144 Hz refresh rate, 1 ms MPRT (using MBR technology) response time, and support for both NVIDIA and AMD VRR. Its SDR brightness is rated at 720 cd/m2, with HDR up to 1,100 cd/m² (VESA DisplayHDR 1000 certified). The 10-bit (8-bit+FRC) panel features a quantum dot coating, which allows it to cover up to 145 percent sRGB, 119 percent NTSC, and 109 percent of the DCI-P3 color spaces with up to 1.07 billion colors. The edge-lit display features local dimming with a 4,000:1 static contrast ratio and up to an 80,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.

Connectivity comprises 2x DP 1.4 (with DSC) and 2x HDMI 2.1. The HDMI ports support up to 4K 120 Hz. Multiple devices can be used with PBP dual-screen display/PIP picture-in-picture functions. It also features anti-flash and low...

Continue reading...

This sounds exactly like the Acer Predator CG437K that came out a couple years ago.

I'm going to assume it's the same panel as the Gigabyte Aorus FV43U.

VA? BGR layout?
Yeah, I agree. They missed the mark by not going with IPS. At least then the bridge to OLED wouldn't be so far away. The only saving grace will be if they can market this for around $400(doubtful) but at that pricepoint, someone on a tight budget could check off a lot of boxes for a gaming monitor.

My guess is this is some kind of a Samsung panel. Between the quantum dot and VA it seems like something they've done.

Samsung's "VA" panels avoid nearly all of the most grievous pitfalls - if only they could make them to spec in quantity :(
Too true. HDR seems to still be an issue for them as well. I've given up using it on my CRG9 and I was reading reviews about the latest Odyssey and many are complaining about it as well. Other than that though, I'm pretty happy.

Become a Patron!
Back