5700G

With the Noctua, processor runs around consistently 4.26 Ghz all cores. Surprising.

So I ran Night Raid from 3DMark. the score went from a best of 17532 to 20795.
Firestrike sits at 4927. Well below 60 FPS, but not a stutter fest. Almost pleasant to watch. Almost.
Firestike Extreme is stuttery at 2190 for a score. No point doing Fire Strike 4K, we already know it's worse.
Time Spy is a slide show at 1922. It struggles to do 1080x1920

Cinebench R23 Multicore 14388
Singlecore 1395.

Some improvement with new ram. Still not a GPU replacement, but can do some mild gaming. POE runs beautiful on it at 1080, 1440 it struggles a bit.

Loading Win 10 these days..... I had thought at one time I would do Win 11, but I think that is a hard pass for a few years. Otherwise, seems to go as planned.
RAM running a 4000, the Asus BIOS isn't to intuitive on memory allocation for the APU. Just gives a generic setting, so I have no idea what amount is available for the onboard Vega. I hope it is at least 4 gig like the B450 allowed, 8 gig would be better

Woah, it allows you to allocate that much? Crazy.

Woah, it allows you to allocate that much? Crazy.
Yeah the Gigabyte board would set 4 gig max aside.
Rumour has it there was a Gigabyte model out that allowed up to 8, but I never found one. I will have to look at the manual for the new Asus board next week and look up what it supports

Yeah the Gigabyte board would set 4 gig max aside.
Rumour has it there was a Gigabyte model out that allowed up to 8, but I never found one. I will have to look at the manual for the new Asus board next week and look up what it supports

Wouldn't 4gb be overkill? 2gb is fine for 1080p (at least my 1050ti hasn't complained about it) and that's about all anyone could hope for with integrated.

Wouldn't 4gb be overkill? 2gb is fine for 1080p (at least my 1050ti hasn't complained about it) and that's about all anyone could hope for with integrated.
Oh absolutely I agree 4GB would be overkill, but.... (heh) I did look through the BIOS. This Asus mobo will allocate up to 16 GB. I am at this moment re running a few benches to see that it doesn't matter at all if it has access to even 8GB.

Then I will probably dial it back to 4GB.

I looked up the prior Time Spy test which was a score of 1922 and the new run reports 1941 and not nearly as stuttery.
With the 1922 score it was at a 512 MB. 1941 is at 8 GB, so the change between the two is 1%. It'll be fine at 4 GB. Synthetic benchies won't show any real value to more video memory.
Maybe the benchmark on Ashes of Singularity, but then even if you have the video memory, it lacks on the GPU horsepower front. I'm installing that now to see.

It's a quiet evening with a beer or two and I am completing my 2400G/RX480 build in the Masterbox NR200P case, so flogging the 5700G is amusing me while I assemble.

Last edited:
Ashes of Singularity, as expected, lucky to get between 25 to 30 fps at 1080 with the games recommended settings.
Any requests for benchies? In case anyone is thinking of acquiring an APU?

So this build may be the last PC I will do. It is just to ridiculous these days to do the upgrades that I used to be able to get.

So I give you the 2400G on a B450 itx with a RX 480, stuffed into a Masterbox NR200P case powered with a Corsaair 600w tiny power supply, 32 gig of 3200 and a Inland NVME.

It's as good as it gets I suppose. I am not pleased with the wiring, but, meh. Not like this build has a purpose.
The case is amazing. It's solid. You do have to dissect it to get components into it, but that's actually pretty painless.

Maybe one day the kids will want me to build them something in the future, but for no more than I do these days, or are willing to spend on this hobby, I think I will just read about PC tech and forgo any hands on stuff.

That being said..... I do want a RDNA 2 APU....... YeahPXL_20211209_194003991.jpg

Last edited:
I have been playing Path of Exile on it at 2560 x 1440 for about an hour. As long as this box is on, there is no reason to run the heater. It could use another case fan as well.

It's also the most RGB thing I have ever assembled..... Feel like I'm missing a parade somewhere

Feel like I'm missing a parade somewhere
210520-nyc-pride-jm-2024-742174.jpg

Wow, I thought the TR box put out heat..... This 2400g/RX 480 running and I have to turn the heat off.
I'm gonna buy some tropical plants, maybe a monkey named Bingo.

I have a heatsink that was designed for a 105 watt cpu on the 2400G, but man, I don't remember the RX 480 pumping out the heat like this. I'm gonna have to get muh speedo out to play any games on this box

Become a Patron!
Back