Report: Knights of the Old Republic Remake to Feature Combat Inspired by God of War, Nioh 2

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-remastered-darth-revan-teaser-1024x576.jpg
Image: Aspyr Media

Aspyr Media’s Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake for PC and PlayStation 5 could play a lot differently than BioWare’s critically acclaimed original.

That’s according to MrMattyPlays, who took part in a new episode of the Defining Duke podcast and shared some information regarding the remake’s combat system. According to MrMattyPlays, the new KOTOR will feature a combat system inspired by God of War and Nioh 2, which implies that the game might be ditching the turn-based combat of the original. That said, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic – Remake is also believed to offer different gameplay modes, according to job listings that have been posted.

“[…] something kind of like Dragon Age: Inquisition, maybe, or Final Fantasy VII Remake, like that active battle where you can pause it in...

Continue reading...

will be very faithful to the original in terms of story, with character interactions and such remaining the same
I'd not bet on that. After all why hire a writer if you don't intend to rewrite anything?

As for gameplay, I'd understand updating it, but god of war? That's entirely another genre of game.

I wasn't overly excited for this after the writer reveal, but now I'm moved even further to the side of caution.

I'd not bet on that. After all why hire a writer if you don't intend to rewrite anything?

As for gameplay, I'd understand updating it, but god of war? That's entirely another genre of game.

I wasn't overly excited for this after the writer reveal, but now I'm moved even further to the side of caution.
I tought they cut a big chunk of the game so hiring a writer to help restore that part might come in handy if that is the way they want to go.

Gaming is dead from its traditions.

Everyone now wants to be Demon's Souls-like, CoD-like, Rogue-like, DMC-like, Elder Scrolls-like, Final Fantasy-like, WoW-like, DOOM/QUAKE-like, and now... GoW-like?

Sheesh!

These clueless studios need to go back to the lab and ask themselves, "what/who *inspired* the "great ones" when they had nothing solid to mimic from that has labeled them the G.O.A..T"!

I tought they cut a big chunk of the game so hiring a writer to help restore that part might come in handy if that is the way they want to go.
KOTOR 2 had a lot taken out of it, but that was all cut for time due to the rushed release date of the project. That content really didn't need to be written as parts of it are in the game. I'm not 100% sure its all there but a significant portion of that content is for sure. As far as I know, KOTOR 1 didn't have any significant cut content.

KOTOR 2 had a lot taken out of it, but that was all cut for time due to the rushed release date of the project. That content really didn't need to be written as parts of it are in the game. I'm not 100% sure its all there but a significant portion of that content is for sure. As far as I know, KOTOR 1 didn't have any significant cut content.
You may be right and I got those mixed up, there does seem to be some cut content from the first game but this seem minor in comparison
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic#Cut_content

Become a Patron!
Back