Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.52 Released, Bringing Additional Improvements to the Game

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
CD PROJEKT RED has begun rolling out its latest update for Cyberpunk 2077 in the form of Patch 1.52. Like most of the game's previous patches, the latest update adds a number of fixes to address some of the remaining issues affecting the game's gameplay, quests, open world, user interface, and graphics.

Go to post

Is anybody still play the game even? They'd need to release a huge expansion pack to make it worth getting back into.

I finished it twice in 2020 Dec and 2021 January, never touched it since.

started my 2nd playtrough not long ago, going for a more thorough playtrough this time around seeing the game is in a more polished state.

I really wanted to love this game. These updates have not moved the needle for me. Glad first time players on ps5 etc are getting a game that functions.

Is anybody still play the game even? They'd need to release a huge expansion pack to make it worth getting back into.

I paused my playthrough at about 100 hours in as I wanted to wait for RSR to be released to finish off the last few missions on the Arisaka story arc with better framerates.

After AMD's 3.2.3 drivers released I did just that, only to find that the 1.5 update to Cyberpunk had added FSR, meaning I waited longer than I really needed to (but only by a little)

The game seems a little bit more refined now than it used to, but its difficult to put my finger on what was fixed.

Only annoyance is that the 1.5 patch did A LOT of rebalancing, so all of your skill upgrades are reset, and you get a bunch of skill points to re-apply. They also completely rebalanced clothing/armor and mods. Much of the equipment I had collected and kept for its awesome many slots, and addition of clothing mods to improve armor, was reversed. The mods were all in my inventory misapplied, and the clothing had fewer slots than before.

I had forgotten some of the skills I had upgraded and why, so I made some mistakes when reapplying them.

I'll probably get another 10-15 hours out of the game, before I stop. Night City still feels huge and like I have tons left to explore, so I do hope they add expansions to make full use of this large and vibrant environment they created. It would be a waste not to.

That is why I dread big game altering patches mid playthrough. If I'm already commited to the game I'd rather play it as it is. I hope there will be some major new story content that makes it worth re-visiting as I already did everything in the base game. All side missions, gigs and hustles.

Still interested in this game, still waiting for all content to be released before buying.

CDPR is working on CP2077 (still), new version of Witcher 3 (next gen, RT), and the new Witcher game with codevelopment of UE5.

Which will be finished first?

I've never been able to get into the Witcher series. I know its beloved in the community, and I've tried. I bought the first Witcher game on sale for a few bucks to try to give it an honest try, but I didn't last 10 minutes before I lost interest.

I guess it's the combination of things I don't like that kill the series for me. Fantasy genre is one, and third person perspective is the other.

I wanted to give it an honest try, because I thought I would hate the Dishonored series, but I actually quite liked the first two (haven't played the third yet) despite the magic/mana nonsense.

That said, I wonder what is in it for them to make this Witcher 3 upgrade at this point. I mean, surely by now everyone who wants Witcher 3 has bought it already. And if they make it a free upgrade, then we are looking at lots of cost to update it, and not much added revenue.

Last edited:
That said, I wonder what is in it for them to make this Witcher 3 upgrade at this point. I mean, surely by now everyone who wants Witcher 3 has bought it already. And if they make it a free upgrade, then we are looking at lots of cost to update it, and not much added revenue.

Skyrim still sells like hotcakes as does GTAV so why not this one, it's the better game.

While I do like the witcher 3, you kinda have to play it for the story, never found the combat of a CDPR game to be anything more then usable.

I can think of a few good reasons - these aren't necessarily exclusive of each other, and I won't claim to have any extraordinary insight, this is just me guessing.

CDPR is known for doing this kind of thing - providing free updates, free DLC, etc. So it's not out of character with them, and it builds a lot of good will - that goes a long way when things like the W3 trailer scandal broke, or the hot mess that CP2077 was.

There is a good chance that a lot of folks that work at CDPR just really like Witcher. They've made 3 of them already, it kinda put them on the map, and I bet a lot of people have put their hearts and souls into the game. So for them, maybe it's just because they want to.

It could also be a tech demo type thing - where they are just updating their RedEngine with some new toys, and using a very stable and well-debugged platform in order to test the capabilities in the engine. IDK about this one, because CP2077 had a lot of these toys already, but ... it kinda released as a ****show, so maybe the combination of new game + new toys was too much.

Now that W4 has been announced as being released on Unreal, maybe there isn't too much to that last one, but it might also just be a way for the devs to figure out how to use some of these toys in a more familiar environment before trying to push too far in Unreal.

I've never been able to get into the Witcher series. I know its beloved in the community, and I've tried. I bought the first Witcher game on sale for a few bucks to try to give it an honest try, but I didn't last 10 minutes before I lost interest.
I'm a sci-fi guy, I don't really care for the fantasy genre, but games with good stories, immersive worlds, and more importantly good gameplay will draw me in regardless of the overall setting. I couldn't get into Witcher 1 at all, which I think I bought for maybe a couple bucks. I got a community demo of Witcher 2, and had such a blast with it that I bought the game and went through it twice. Witcher 3 and its two expansions were f*ckin' awesome experiences, no other way to put it.

I dabbled in CP2077 but decided to wait out on more fixes, and also until I got better hardware. So it may still be a good while before I seriously attempt to play this game. At least it continues to improve, not to mention the wealth of community mods out there. People on this forum have generally said good things about the game, so I'm not writing it off yet.

...never found the combat of a CDPR game to be anything more then usable
I'll second that.

To me combat is secondary. I want a couple things to enjoy a game today.

1. Cool story.

2. Good Graphics.. Sorry Indy studio your cell shaded graphics that look like they belong on a PS1 don't do it for me. SIMPLE graphics does not equal BAD though... It has to fit the game.

3. Combat has to be fun but not WTF WHY IS THIS SO ****ING HARD?!

Become a Patron!
Back