Razer Announces World’s First ECOLOGO-Certified Gaming Mice

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Razer is celebrating World Environment Day with the relevant announcement of the world's first ECOLOGO-certified gaming mice, the Razer Basilisk V3 and Razer Deathadder Essential.

Go to post

What is this a mouse that lasts even LESS long than razers others. No thanks.
My thoughts as well. My experience with Razer products is probably about like yours. Nice enough when they work, but they don't work for very long. They never feel like they are built as well as other competing options on the market. Even worse, they command a premium price for a lot of their stuff and it just doesn't make sense to me given what you get. Also, Razer Synapse deep throats whale dick.

I gotta admit I had one razer mouse the death adder or whatever TF it was called... it was a ball mouse. Yes it was that long ago. Barely survived 90 days before it broke and was tossed. Never have given them another chance. It was a patently bad design and a bad device. How they are still around is just a reflection of marketing spend at this point.

I gotta admit I had one razer mouse the death adder or whatever TF it was called... it was a ball mouse. Yes it was that long ago. Barely survived 90 days before it broke and was tossed. Never have given them another chance. It was a patently bad design and a bad device. How they are still around is just a reflection of marketing spend at this point.
The original Razer mouse was called the "Boomslang" and it was a piece of ****. Flimsy, unreliable and ergonomically, I didn't care much for it. I think I still have one in a box somewhere.

The original Razer mouse was called the "Boomslang" and it was a piece of ****. Flimsy, unreliable and ergonomically, I didn't care much for it. I think I still have one in a box somewhere.
Yea that was it!!

Oh wow, you actually had one of those?! In those days I was using an Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, which was my first optical mouse. The Boomslang was the product that introduced me to the company. I remembering reading about the very high DPI but wondering if a ball mouse could really be good. I was done with ball mice at that point. Never went back. The Boomslang looked ungainly as f*ck. I didn't know about Razer's reputation for crappy reliability until years later, after they had a much larger presence.

Barely survived 90 days before it broke and was tossed. Never have given them another chance. It was a patently bad design and a bad device. How they are still around is just a reflection of marketing spend at this point.
Woooow, so they were sh1t from day one. I did always wonder how they lasted so long (like f*cking MadCatz). Never had the urge to buy any of their products.

I have one of Razers "higher end" Xbox game controllers I use with my PC, and it's been a year now that I've owned it. Starting to notice creaks and that with it, but no other issues yet. I will say that the previous Xbox wired controller I had was better built and lasted me a long time, with the only reason I ended up retiring it was because it was just plain wore out after years of heavy use.

I have one of Razers "higher end" Xbox game controllers I use with my PC, and it's been a year now that I've owned it. Starting to notice creaks and that with it, but no other issues yet. I will say that the previous Xbox wired controller I had was better built and lasted me a long time, with the only reason I ended up retiring it was because it was just plain wore out after years of heavy use.
IF you can get the actual Xbox Brand controllers I've had a couple hell.. I STILL have an Xbox 360 controller I used on my PC the only reason I'm using a XboxX version is due to more feedback and compatibility... but really feedback. (rumble engines are individually addressable and with games like Forza Horizon 5 or 4 or whatever the current one is... you get rumble in breaking and turning and such that is allocated to a side depending on the feedback the controller gets.)

The thing is, Razer is a company I want to like given that they all they do is make products for gamers but everything I've seen from them has been a disappointment. They use Chinese knock offs of Cherry switches in their keyboards, their mice don't live long and their software sucks. I used to see Boomslangs die all the time. In my opinion, Razer has had bad quality from day one and I've never seen that change.

I know people that are die hard fans of the brand and swear by their mice and other peripherals. I've also seen those same people replace their mice at least annually due to the double click of death or any number of other failures.

IF you can get the actual Xbox Brand controllers I've had a couple hell.. I STILL have an Xbox 360 controller I used on my PC the only reason I'm using a XboxX version is due to more feedback and compatibility... but really feedback. (rumble engines are individually addressable and with games like Forza Horizon 5 or 4 or whatever the current one is... you get rumble in breaking and turning and such that is allocated to a side depending on the feedback the controller gets.)
That's what I was using before the Razer and it lasted a long time. I was going to get Microsofts high end controller, but the reviews kept me away. The Razer controller got favorable reviews at the time, and honestly hasn't been too bad. I don't use their software though.

That's what I was using before the Razer and it lasted a long time. I was going to get Microsofts high end controller, but the reviews kept me away. The Razer controller got favorable reviews at the time, and honestly hasn't been too bad. I don't use their software though.
Wife bought one of those controllers and the left analog stick gave out after 9 months.

I told her “That’s Razor”, but she just bought another one.

I actually liked the boomslang. Used one for a significant number of hours, and eventually wore out the left mouse button playing Diablo ii. It was still under warranty (barely) and I replaced it via RMA. I used an optical mouse (Logitech?) while I was waiting for the RMA and ended up never going back. Pretty sure I still have the replacement boomslang somewhere.

I can't say that I've ever tried any of their products. Some do look nice but I'm not a hardcore enough gamer to go all-out on peripheral devices like mice or controllers. I stick to using MS Xbox controllers or Logitech mice/keyboards mostly.

Decades ago back during the PlayStation 1-2/N64 era, I had experimented with a number of generic controllers whose names I can't remember anymore and none really worked out that well. Once I got back into PC gaming during the 98/XP era I tried with a few more but they were all pretty bad. After that, I just stuck with what I knew worked and haven't really tried much else since outside one or two BT controllers for my Android tablets, and those sucked too.

I actually liked the boomslang. Used one for a significant number of hours, and eventually wore out the left mouse button playing Diablo ii. It was still under warranty (barely) and I replaced it via RMA. I used an optical mouse (Logitech?) while I was waiting for the RMA and ended up never going back. Pretty sure I still have the replacement boomslang somewhere.
I Saw Diablo II kill dozens of mice. It's the game that taught me that quality costs money. The Boomslang dying isn't a surprise. I ran a Logitech mouse at the time and never went back. While I've occasionally gone with other options over the years, I've primarily used Logitech mice ever since. Logitech isn't quite what it used to be either, but I've not found any competing mice from any other companies that are as durable, feel as good ergonomically and don't use software at least as abysmal as Logitech's G-Hub software.

Razer software is a fair bit worse in my experience and their build quality is generally poor. Corsair isn't any better, and I'd argue iCUE is even worse than G-Hub or even Razer Synapse. I don't know why we can't get decent, robust, yet bloat free mouse software and quality built hardware with good ergonomics all in the same package. I wouldn't care if the mice were expensive so long as they checked all the boxes.

I Saw Diablo II kill dozens of mice. It's the game that taught me that quality costs money. The Boomslang dying isn't a surprise. I ran a Logitech mouse at the time and never went back. While I've occasionally gone with other options over the years, I've primarily used Logitech mice ever since. Logitech isn't quite what it used to be either, but I've not found any competing mice from any other companies that are as durable, feel as good ergonomically and don't use software at least as abysmal as Logitech's G-Hub software.

Razer software is a fair bit worse in my experience and their build quality is generally poor. Corsair isn't any better, and I'd argue iCUE is even worse than G-Hub or even Razer Synapse. I don't know why we can't get decent, robust, yet bloat free mouse software and quality built hardware with good ergonomics all in the same package. I wouldn't care if the mice were expensive so long as they checked all the boxes.
Completely agree, that was a good take on the whole situation. My experience has been the same, and same for my brother and a whole buncha guys I know.

A strange side note, ASUS' mice actually have good software. A fact I found surprising. That being said, even the ROG Spatha isn't made very well. It feels like it is, but the one I had showed button wear on the outside in about two weeks or so. This is unacceptable given the high cost of the thing at the time. (It was around $179.99 back then.)

A strange side note, ASUS' mice actually have good software. A fact I found surprising. That being said, even the ROG Spatha isn't made very well. It feels like it is, but the one I had showed button wear on the outside in about two weeks or so. This is unacceptable given the high cost of the thing at the time. (It was around $179.99 back then.)
Yea thats a hell no. Logitech mice I've replaced out of..... want not need. Even my corsair mouse I've considered replacing for no good reason.

Become a Patron!
Back