EVGA Launches E1 PC Chassis Kits

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
EVGA has launched its E1 PC chassis that is available in 3 different kits to choose from ranging in price from $1599.99 - $4999.99. Announced in January, the E1 open frame PC chassis...

Go to post

I'll consider one when I consider putting a PC in a trophy truck.

what, the actual.....who is going to buy this??

looks like something for singularity case fans that want something different

Yeah, I think everyone knows that I try to give props to those with unique designs and approaches but this is one way too far out there, even for me. I admit I've contemplated an open-frame case in recent years but at $1600 to get your foot in the door is insane.

Meanwhile, I'm happy with the new upgrades I just got and have the best of both worlds with them, near-silent for work and casual gaming and then options for even the most demanding 4K/RT games, and at the end of the day I don't have to worry about dust and whatnot gathering on every part of it.

I know what you mean. $1,599 for the base chassis is a bit of a reach.
Honestly I would need to feel it and see how it handled being banged around and such. If it's a good chassis and protects what's in it while mounted to something bounced around (think an overlander type setup.) then maybe... but WOW that's a Niche Market within a Niche Market.

I'm surprised they didn't say the Chassis supplied near perfect electrical isolation and EM shielding for use in high fidelity studio cabinets or some crap like that to get audiophiles to throw money at it.

The whole carbon fiber thing with PC cases kind of has me baffled. Great, we have PC cases/chassis that can withstand physical duress that will leave virtually every other part of the PC in a million microscopic pieces. Yay marketing!

The whole carbon fiber thing with PC cases kind of has me baffled. Great, we have PC cases/chassis that can withstand physical duress that will leave virtually every other part of the PC in a million microscopic pieces. Yay marketing!
About the only thing it does is grab attention - which is apparently successful.

Plenty of other open-frame designs available, and plenty of those that can be modded with a Dremel if needed.

Become a Patron!
Back