“F9” (Fast & Furious 9) to Feature RED’s Failed Holographic Smartphone, the Hydrogen One

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
f9-official-trailer-video-thumbnail-1024x576.jpg

Universal Pictures released the trailer for the ninth Fast & Furious film on Friday, “F9,” and tech enthusiasts spotted something unexpected in one of its over-the-top action sequences. Dom’s crew can be seen driving around with RED’s Hydrogen One smartphone, which was hyped as the world’s first holographic mobile.

f9-red-hydrogen-one-dash-rear-1024x427.jpg

f9-red-hydrogen-one-dash-front-1024x427.jpg

The phone was originally announced back in 2017 and made headlines for its “retina-riveting” screen, which could display 3D content. This included stereo 3D, 2D/3D VR, AR, and MR, as well as RED’s own Hydrogen 4-View format (H4V). It also used a “proprietary H3O algorithm”...

Continue reading...

Just checked my calendar and, yep, time for another installment of F&F. Just wondering when they will eventually fight aliens or zombies.

wait a minute ... No Rock? .. no Statham? I know they just had their own movie ...but ..but ...

wait a minute ... No Rock? .. no Statham? I know they just had their own movie ...but ..but ...

Statham and Rock doing their own thing caused some bad blood with other OG members of the F&F crew, so since they got a bonus payday they are being pushed out of this one I imagine. If this one doesn't do well I expect to see them back POST HASTE. lol. Regardless I expect to see them pack.

Now the fact they are using the RED phones is Hilarious. I suspect they got them cheap or free from RED for using RED cameras to film on.

Become a Patron!
Back