“We Need to Improve”: Ubisoft CEO Pledges the Return of Day-One Releases on Steam as Company Faces Investigation and Review by Executive Commit...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has issued an internal memo to staff today, and with it comes the news that the company is aiming to become one of the game industry's top developers and publishers again, promising several improvements that include the launch of PC games on Steam on day one, as well as a departure from the Season Pass model for Assassin's Creed Shadows, whereby all players will be able to enjoy the game at the same time on February 14, with those who pre-order the game granted the first expansion for free.

See full article...

It depends on what they mean by "day one releases on Steam" but it is nice that they realize something has to change.

Personally, I will not give them a penny of my money until and unless they ditch the requirement of creating a Ubisoft account either in game or using their separate launcher.

The game has to be able to run completely (apart from online multiplayer capability) without ever being able to connect to the internet. I still expect a means for local multiplayer without connecting to the internet.

Become a Patron!
Back