Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction

Intel has launched its 11th Gen Core H-Series and Workstation Mobile Processors Codenamed Tiger Lake-H.  If you missed our news post, check it out.  In this article, we are going to publish the entire presentation deck from Intel so that you can familiarize yourself with all the new technologies introduced in this launch and what Intel has to say about it. 

Intel is coming strong this year, having launched its Rocket Lake desktop CPUs already, and now it’s continuing with a new mobile launch as well.  If you missed our Core i9-11900K review or...
Continue reading...

LazyGamer

Semi-regular
Those certainly do look nice... mobile isn't really hurting for raw CPU speed in most cases, though nice to have on tap, what's more interesting to me is the overall capability of the Xe GPU.

If fully integrated into content-creation software, it'd be nice to see whether these could keep up with the likes of Apple's M1 in terms of photo and video editing acceleration!

[and yeah, pulling 1080p120 out of your typical eSports / MOBAs would be nice too]

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
To me, mobile needs and should be all about getting the most for the TDP, power savings, and lesser heat output are the goals. It's also obvious some of these SKUs are really meant to be plugged in, all the time, desktop replacements.

LazyGamer

Semi-regular
To me, mobile needs and should be all about getting the most for the TDP, power savings, and lesser heat output are the goals. It's also obvious some of these SKUs are really meant to be plugged in, all the time, desktop replacements.
Agreed, and how they handle both the 'race to idle' situations where there's thermal overhead available as well as when the cooling solution is heat-soaked in various end solutions will be the real differentiator.

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
I've got an MSI GP66 Leopard 11UG-050 on pre-order from Xotic and once it gets here I'll let you know how it goes. It has the 11800H in it. I've got some custom cooling options picked for it some it ought to be interesting to see how it performs. It'll be my first laptop ever that isn't 4c/8t also.

Become a Patron!