A Plague Tale: Requiem Gets Demanding PC System Requirements, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070/AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Recommended for 60 FPS at 1080p/Ultra S...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Asobo Studio has shared the system requirements for A Plague Tale: Requiem, and they seem to be pretty demanding.

Go to post

Indeed. Pretty beefy specs.

But at the same time, the minimum specs are a GeForce 970, so the spec range is quite wide.

Geeze what does 1440p need?

My guess, since Nvidia used them as a demo during their 40 series launch, Nvidia talked them into doing some crazy over the top RTX mode that really punishes the hardware. If you just back it off to a more normal RTX level it will probably run just fine on lower end hardware with little to no impact to visual quality.

Nvidia being Nvidia.

My guess, since Nvidia used them as a demo during their 40 series launch, Nvidia talked them into doing some crazy over the top RTX mode that really punishes the hardware. If you just back it off to a more normal RTX level it will probably run just fine on lower end hardware with little to no impact to visual quality.

Nvidia being Nvidia.
Yea that's true. Hadn't considered that.

Nvidia being Nvidia.
Something that AMD is very well-known for as well. *cough - GodFall, Dirt 5, AssCreed Valhalla, etc. cough*

AMD just.. being AMD. 😉

The minimum specs are for 30 FPS at low quality at 1080p.

I usually treat recommended specs as the minimum, and I doubt publishers would look for ways to inflate system requirements by including features such as ray-tracing as a contributing factor without explicitly saying so. It's in their interest to widen the range of their potential customers — not the other way around. I'd guess they have more details available on their site for those who care enough to look.

Considering the abundance of inexpensive 4k/UHD displays, who is going to pair a recent/high-end PC with an HD monitor or TV? What a waste. Although "ultra" (e-peen) settings are usually wasteful, native 4k even at more reasonable presets is probably out of the question for most.

Become a Patron!
Back