Acer Announces Predator CG552K: 55" 4K OLED Panel with Adaptive Sync, NVIDIA G-SYNC Support

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Acer has introduced three new large-format Predator gaming monitors for those with plenty of desk (or living room) space: the 32-inch Predator X32, 37.5-inch Predator X38, and 55-inch Predator CG552K.

The Predator CG552K Gaming Monitor is the obvious alpha of the group, dwarfing the others with a massive 55-inch 4K OLED panel that supports up to 400 nits of brightness and 98.5 percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color gamut.

Smooth gaming is ensured with two variable refresh rate options (Adaptive Sync and NVIDIA G-SYNC), a 0.5 ms response time (via overdrive), and 120 HZ refresh rate.

The Predator CG552K gaming monitor will be available later this year for $2,999.

“Acer has gone big with its premium Predator gaming monitors, offering expansive views with cutting-edge technologies that support true-to-life gameplay, even with the most demanding of titles,” said Victor Chien, President, Digital Display Business, Acer Inc. “We support gamers of all types from novices to professionals with some of the best performing gaming hardware on the market.”

Hrm, some things I like, some things I don't.

Firstly, only HDR 400 on the X38 is completely rubbish, why even bother. HDR 400 is not good, at all, and kind of pointless. It's 2020 and we are still dealing with low-end HDR standards on monitors. There shouldn't even be an HDR 400, 600 or 800, it should start at HDR 1000. The other oddity of the X38 is that it's a 21:9 display, and not 16:9 4K. I want a big curved 16:9 4K display in large format size.

I'd also like to see a 40-43" 4K display with good specs and a slight curve.

The 32" sounds nice though with its specs, HDR 1400, great, it's just the other two I'm having problems with, and 55" is just huge, can only use that in a living room space.

I'm more excited about the LG CX 48" to be honest.

The OLEDs may have a lower peak brightness, but when your black level is absolute zero.... it doesn't need to be as bright to look as dramatic. I don't know what the X series has for peaks... the '17's were just over 400nits, and 18's and 19's could hit 800.

If only HDMI 2.1 were a thing...

Last edited:
That's too big for my setup, but I'm sure it's pretty awesome and someone will make good use of it.

Become a Patron!
Back