Acer Expands Stereoscopic, Glasses-Free 3D Lineup with New SpatialLabs View Series Displays

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Acer has announced new SpatialLabs View 15.6-inch 4K displays with support for glasses-free, stereoscopic 3D.

Go to post

As I said in the other thread (https://forums.thefpsreview.com/thr...y-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-gpu.8981/post-53594):
"I hope it works a lot better than the 3D on at least the Old 3DS, where you always had to be looking at the screen in exactly the right position (hard to do with a handheld console that isn't perfectly stationary). The New 3DS at least uses the cameras for eye-tracking, which makes the 3D work a lot better. But in the end, the 3D still causes some eye strain and eye fatigue for me (and in rare cases headaches), and also eats through remaining battery power a lot faster. It works very well in some games, but overall still a rather large gimmick. I'm curious about how well it works in monitors though."

And now it seems we will be able to get standalone screens like this. I admit I am curious. @Peter_Brosdahl is the only person I've ever really heard talk about doing 3D gaming outside of a 3DS. Therefore I'd be really interested in getting his thoughts on these new screens.

I'm hoping that some reviews start popping up soon. I'm pretty interested in getting one of these but only if the reviews are good. My only real complaint so far is that I'd like either 17.3 or 18.4 for a portable 3D display. I was really bummed that by the time GPUs finally got powerful enough to really plow through 3D rendering NVIDIA pulled the plug on it. I never got into VR because I don't want crap strapped to my head. I've got enough neck aches and head aches already.

I never got into VR because I don't want crap strapped to my head. I've got enough neck aches and head aches already.
I haven't gotten the chance to try VR yet. I wonder if it would give me hella motion sickness. I heard the framerate needs to be at least 90 fps to avoid motion sickness or something. VR gives people headaches too? Well sh1t. But yeah, I don't really feel like wearing something on my head. I don't even like wearing headphones/headsets.

I feel this would be very uncomfortable without some form of head tracking. You move your head but the image remains the same that could f*ck with your mind.

Become a Patron!
Back