Adata Completes XPG Compatibility Testing for Ryzen 3950X and Latest Threadripper CPUs

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Adata-Spectrix-D80-DDR4-RGB-Hybrid-1024x576.jpg

Adata has announced their completion of compatibility testing for the latest HEDT AMD line. Enthusiasts with Ryzen 9 3950X or 3rd generation Threadripper CPUs can now add Adata to their list of choices for DDR4 Ram. Pictured above is one such product, The Spectrix D80 DDR4 Hybrid Cooling Ram Kit. It is a hermetically sealed liquid cooled RGB lit Ram kit! Adata, mostly known for their storage and memory solutions, also has a wide range of other PC components and accessories.

Always good to have more choices. Thanks to TechPowerUp for reporting on this press release. As I plan out my next build a HEDT Ryzen 9 platform is already a given. Knowing of more RAM offerings can help as compatibility is always a concern.

This has got to be one of the stupidest things I've seen in a long while. You're just gonna heat up water in a closed system without any pumps or radiators??

At least the LED colors are pretty!!! /sarcasm

You're just gonna heat up water in a closed system without any pumps or radiators??
I admit I wondered about that too. I originally went to their site just to check on the XPG lineup and saw these and was like "huh?".

I'll have to look around and see if anyone's done a review on them yet. Very curious. Definitely one of those moments in a boardroom where people are checking boxes for marketing. Not sure if it's just water or some kind of solution either.

Maybe it’s phase change like a heat pipe - those don’t use water though

Become a Patron!
Back