AI Flies Lockheed Martin Training Jet (F-16D) for Over 17 Hours

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
“The end is inevitable, Maverick. Your kind is headed for extinction.” – Admiral Cain, Top Gun: Maverick (2022). Lockheed Martin has announced that the VISTA X-62A, its one-of-a-kind training aircraft based on a modified F-16D Block 30 Peace Marble Il, was recently flown by artificial intelligence for over 17 hours, marking the first time that AI has been engaged on a tactical aircraft. Short for Variable In-flight Simulation Test Aircraft, VISTA will continue to serve an integral role in the rapid development of AI and autonomy capabilities for the U.S. Air Force amid reports of the service branch suffering from a pilot shortage.

See full article...

Id imagine drone planes are being developed for stand off missile attacks. This shouldn't be difficult right now for the usual suspects.

Has anyone been actually been able to confirm that humans are making these decisions and that those in charge are not in fact facsimiles who simply resemble humans that were sent back to ensure a specific historical outcome?

Have you heard Biden talk? That should answer your question.
That reminds me. Robin Williams had a great skit on that back in the eighties in regard to Reagan being a robot. He pretended to be Walt Disney on his deathbed and his last words were "Build me a President!" It's a great skit, pretty sure it was "Live at the met" but I might be wrong.

Become a Patron!
Back