Aliens: Dark Descent Gameplay Trailer Confirms Squad-Based Action and June 20 Release Date

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Alien fans have been clamoring for a sequel to Alien: Isolation, and while it's unclear whether Creative Assembly is actually working on one or not, there will be a different kind of Alien game for them to try out this summer. IGN has shared a new exclusive trailer for Aliens: Dark Descent, and it can confirm that the squad-based action title from Focus Entertainment and Tindalos Interactive will be released for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC on June 20, 2023. Set within the iconic Alien universe and featuring an original story, Aliens: Dark Descent lets players lead a squad of marines in real-time combat against what will presumably be an endless wave of Xenomorphs.

See full article...

Real time xcom? Sounds weird, if it was turn based I'd be fully on board without hesitation.

I'm a huge fan of this franchise and have played almost every game that's come out on PC but I have my doubts about this one, and honestly a little bummed. On the one hand, it reminds me of XCOM meets Gauntlet with an Aliens skin-over and I have some great memories playing Gauntlet on N64 with my old roommates. Some seriously good times. I can see how converting that over might work. On the other I'm not into multiplayer games these days and also, I really want to either see a sequel to Isolation or the last AvP game (2016-I know a lot of people hated it but I enjoyed the story and it ended with a cliffhanger that I was looking forward to seeing resolved in a new game). In either case, I'm not really into shooting the endless hoards of anything anymore.

Become a Patron!
Back