AMD Announces Availability of FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.2 Source Code

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD has released the open-source FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) 2.2 API and source code on GPUOpen.com, encouraging more developers and hobbyists (e.g., modders) to bring the latest version of the temporal upscaling solution into their games and projects, fueling its adoption. Similar to previous releases, FSR 2.2 introduces a number of changes that aim to increase visual quality, including updates that should reduce flickering and a particular type of ghosting that may emerge under high-speed scenarios. AMD FSR is now supported in 250 available and upcoming games, with some of the first FSR 2.2 titles being Need for Speed Unbound and Forza Horizon 5.

See full article...

I am impressed by the adoption rate, and interest in FSR. I've seen it in many more games, top-tier AAA tiles as well, than I thought I would. I think AMD really has a winner on its hands with this one. I think the fact that it can also be run on NVIDIA and Intel GPUs helps as well.

I am impressed by the adoption rate, and interest in FSR. I've seen it in many more games, top-tier AAA tiles as well, than I thought I would. I think AMD really has a winner on its hands with this one. I think the fact that it can also be run on NVIDIA and Intel GPUs helps as well.
It is the fact that it can run with just about any modern-ish GPU that it's in so many games. I believe it's also quite easy to implement for game devs so that's a cherry on top. Optimizations by developers are still required to get the most out of it but that's not a surprise and I don't think the optimization is all that difficult.

In the long run I believe nVidia's DLSS is going to be a loser simply because it's only useful on nVidia cards.

Another thing to keep in mind is that for at least some folks FSR can be used no matter the game. There can and will be issues for enabling it for games which don't have it officially supported but it is possible to do.

In the long run I believe nVidia's DLSS is going to be a loser simply because it's only useful on nVidia cards.
I agree, and the biggest tip off to that, I think, is that they are feature restricting it to later generations, which just further serves to segment and diminish the market.

It will exist so long as nVidia pays for the development and inclusion into games, and pretty much only for those games. But I think it’s dead as soon as nVidia stops subsidizing it.

Kinda like gSync

I took much longer than I expected, but AMD has finally catched up with nvidia on supported games. Most newer games support both DLSS and FSR so at least we'll have parity. Now, lets see what FSR3 brings to the table.

Become a Patron!
Back