AMD Announces Press Conference at CES: Company to “Push the Envelope Yet Again” in 2020

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD has confirmed that it will be holding a press conference at CES 2020. The event will be held on Monday, Jan. 6 at 2:00 p.m. PST.

According to an official tweet, AMD will "push the envelope" and make 2020 an "incredible year for high-performance computing," which implies at least one major product announcement.

One popular theory is "Renoir" APUs, which are rumored to be Zen 2-based processors that flaunt Vega-based graphics. Another is RDNA 2-based GPUs with ray-tracing support.

A Taiwanese publication has hinted that AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su will disclose new details regarding the Zen 3 architecture.

A live stream of the event will be available on the AMD YouTube channel. An archived version of the webcast will be available approximately two hours after the event and can be found on the AMD YouTube channel.

So should I double my amd holdings....hm. 2019 was good year on that front at least.

Wear a Lady Gaga shirt so we can spot you in the audience.
Do they even show the audience on those live streams? Maybe I'll think of something, but that's not it...

So should I double my amd holdings....hm. 2019 was good year on that front at least.

Depends what the competition announces as everyone is handing out press briefings like candy next week...

Do they even show the audience on those live streams? Maybe I'll think of something, but that's not it...

I seem to recall seeing clips of awestruck nerdbombers during big reveals - but might be getting confused for the 'gaming' conferences. I'd still dress peculiar if I were you. Feather boa, red MAGA hat, thefpsreview branded shirt - get the internet talking about that trendy weirdo from the livestream and which hardware review site he belongs to.

I thought of this something like yesterday. Might be a bit late to get them printed off in time. Though, I did get business cards made.

Speaking of shirts... who wants to by swag? :)

Did someone say swag? ;)

I thought of this something like yesterday. Might be a bit late to get them printed off in time. Though, I did get business cards made.

Speaking of shirts... who wants to buy swag? :)
Well being FPS, shirt will need a lot of guns with smoking barrels plaster all over it. Maybe a few limbs and what not sticking up on the bottom red portion :D. Add in the grenades and other unique FPS tools . . . I think you have a real winning bad *** shirt that will be the talk of the country. Left, Right, Middle you name it.

For high performance computing.. hmm custom ryzen navi plus hmb2 on one package in a new socket. .. multi socket easy scaling.. relatively cheap off the shelf super computer.?
For mobile high end the same , with lower frequency. Or new socket for mobile ryzen plus navi / pcie4 / ddr4 now and easy change for manufacturers when ddr5 comes in?
What else?
Huuuuge navi? I do hope if the do big navi its the no bullshit, balls to the wall big one , 80 plus cu and what have you. Gddr6 or otherwise who cares about watts type of thing.
Ryzen 3, new improved io die than can be back ported to ryzen 2 and so on?

Become a Patron!
Back