AMD Provides Update on the AM4 Platform and AGESA 1.0.0.4, the "Big One"

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Having officially released AGESA 1.0.0.4 to motherboard manufacturers this week, AMD has provided a small write-up on reddit that explains why Ryzen owners, regardless of generation, should update to the latest BIOS. The company suggests that this release will be less problematic for those who are still running 1st or 2nd Gen CPUs, as it provides unified support (it is longer a fork prioritizing Zen 2). AGESA 1.0.0.4 should bring improved stability to all AM4-compatible processors, but it adds features exclusively for 3rd Gen Ryzen, such as "Eco Mode" and core performance enhancements for the Ryzen 9 3900X.

Shaweeeet! I have an old dell laptop that boots faster than my ASRock x470 & x3700.. sometimes I get some delays accessing file folders ..or simple things like emptying the recycle bin ..etc .. after gaming for long periods of time .. from the verbage it sounds like this update might help that a bit? It's a bit of a non-issue ..but usually everything is instantaneous when I click on it

I'll believe it when I see it. AMD always says stuff like this but it never goes as smoothly as they claim. Thankfully, I'll be able to test this.

AGESA code updates aren't likely to grant much in the way of performance improvement. At best, we might see boost clocking improve on specific CPU's, but that's it. Benchmarks will vary some with a few going up or down. From my experience so far, any update that improves memory compatibility will likely impact performance negatively.

Become a Patron!
Back