AMD Radeon Raise the Game Bundle Offer: Dead Island 2 and The Callisto Protocol

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD has launched a new Raise the Game bundle offer, allowing purchasers of select Radeon RX graphics cards to get up to two free games for a limited game.

See full article...

The Dead Island series was not on my radar.

Are they good? Worth my time?

I hadn't heard of the Callisto Protocol before, but being third person, I have next to no interest.

The Dead Island series
They . . .have their moments. Over the years I've picked them up either for free, or heavily discounted, on Steam. The graphics and gameplay are o.k. to good imo but I was never drawn in enough to finish any of them. Afaik there's a new one coming out sometime in the next year or so, maybe sooner.

The Calisto Protocol is by people from the original Dead Space. I'm looking forward to this one. For what it's worth though, I'm starting to feel the same way with 3rd person but it depends on the game I guess. There are some that I do like seeing the character but they at least have to be center on the screen. Can't stand when they're offset. I was playing the RE Winter's expansion and toggled between 1st and 3rd and had forgotten that there are some games I really do only like 1st though.

The Dead Island series was not on my radar.

Are they good? Worth my time?

I hadn't heard of the Callisto Protocol before, but being third person, I have next to no interest.

I didn't play the Dead Island stuff back in the day, but I recently have been playing the upgraded edition on PS. It's Far Cry with zombies. Go here, collect an item, go somewhere else to deliver the item, someone will tell you to go somewhere else blah blah blah. The weapons degrade very quickly, and the never ending joy of bashing in zombie heads gets old pretty quick. I'm sure this was top notch stuff in 2007 or whatever but it just seems so tired today. It's on PS+ collection if you have a PS5, and it's been free or super cheap on many PC game bundles. For this sequel to be interesting they are really going to have to do something different and I have doubts.

Like Peter said, Calisto is from the Dead Space dev team, so it will be a space survivor horror game. But will it be a good one? The genre has also kind of been done to death over the last 15+ years.

I didn't play the Dead Island stuff back in the day, but I recently have been playing the upgraded edition on PS. It's Far Cry with zombies. Go here, collect an item, go somewhere else to deliver the item, someone will tell you to go somewhere else blah blah blah. The weapons degrade very quickly, and the never ending joy of bashing in zombie heads gets old pretty quick. I'm sure this was top notch stuff in 2007 or whatever but it just seems so tired today. It's on PS+ collection if you have a PS5, and it's been free or super cheap on many PC game bundles. For this sequel to be interesting they are really going to have to do something different and I have doubts.

Like Peter said, Calisto is from the Dead Space dev team, so it will be a space survivor horror game. But will it be a good one? The genre has also kind of been done to death over the last 15+ years.
Yep, that pretty much sums up my experience.

Become a Patron!
Back