AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.10.1 Driver

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD has released its Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.10.1 driver. The latest driver adds support for DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods, Watch Dogs: Legion, DIRT 5 (early access), and World of Warcraft: Shadowlands (pre-patch).

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.10.1 also addresses a number of Radeon RX 5000 Series issues ranging from audio instability via HDMI connections to graphical corruption with multiple high-refresh-rate displays when Radeon FreeSync is enabled.

Open issues include the black screens when Enhanced Sync is used, incorrect idle clock speeds being reported in the Performance Metrics Overlay and Performance Tuning tab, and FPS being locked to 30 FPS after modifying the HDMI Scaling slider.

Support For

Doom™ Eternal: The Ancient...

Continue reading...

Well, it didn't do much for the TR box. Thanks for posting this up though.

I do wish one of these updates would fix the power plan on the B450 boards I have. Ryzen Master always shows the EDC maxed out all the time. Despite my attempts to correct it.

Might be more of an OCD thing, all green except that one item in Ryzen Master.......

wouldn't that be more of a chipset driver thing? ..of which AMD just released a new chipset driver (as far as power plans go).

Well, it didn't do much for the TR box. Thanks for posting this up though.

I do wish one of these updates would fix the power plan on the B450 boards I have. Ryzen Master always shows the EDC maxed out all the time. Despite my attempts to correct it.

Might be more of an OCD thing, all green except that one item in Ryzen Master.......
Isn't that an issue with the power plan being set to an 80% minimum clock speed state? The only time I ever saw that on mine is after a chipset driver update and I had to go back into the plan and drop the minimum clock speed state down. After that I never saw it again.

Yeah, I have changed that too. At best it'll report EDC at 93% for a second or two, otherwise 98-100%.
Temps aren't an issue, but it is a 2700x at stock clocks under a stock cooler. Should be ok.
It bugs me sometimes, but I haven't really looked into it. Might be something in the bios I can tweak. Right now the box has been reduced to Plex duty till I get settled

You know there are monitoring programs that poll constantly and as such raise certain stats on AMD ryzen due to it always boosting to the monitoring software.

Become a Patron!
Back