AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Benchmarks Released

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Another day, another Ryzen 3000 benchmark leak. The latest numbers come from El Chapuzas Informatico and pertain to the AMD Ryzen 5 3600. While it wasn't tested on an X570 motherboard, the results suggest the chip is comparable to the Ryzen 7 1700X.

You can find all the benchmarks (e.g., wPrime, Cinebench, AIDA64) at the Spanish tech site, which went ahead with an early review. But here's an idea of how the Ryzen 5 3600 handles modern games.

This leak comes from the Spanish site El Chapuzas Informatico and before you get too excited, there are a few things which might throw any results off – if they are real at all. First of all, they didn’t have an X570 motherboard to test the chip with and used an X470 instead. While it is compatible with the right BIOS update, there are issues. For example, the people who leaked this couldn’t overclock the CPU without it freezing the system. On the plus side, they did use fast memory with a speed of 3200MHz which the Ryzen series loves.

I think you mean the 2700x, not the 1700x.
No, I think the he's going off Cinebench 15 x64 shown on the linked eTeknix page, where it is comparable to the 1700X.

Still not bad - a 6 core pulling the same multicore bench as an 8 core from two generations prior.
Extrapolating based on that Cinebench: 17% per core increase from Zen+, 35% per core over Zen1. About 8% faster per core than the Coffee Lake i9 shown in the multicore, the single core showing a slight advantage back to Intel (4%), but nearly neck and neck. That's probably Intel's very aggressive Turbo able to hit that 5GHz while on a single core.

Of course, going back to the linked gaming benches, Zen2 still trails Coffee Lake in gaming by a bit, but I think your still in the territory of "Fast Enough not to Care".

Would be interesting if real. Still waiting on real verifiable benches though.

Become a Patron!
Back