AMD Ryzen 6000 “Zen 4” Series Processors Rumors: Q2/Q3 2022 Launch, No DDR4 Support

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-ryzen-gold-circle-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

One of Chip Hell’s more reputable and habitual leakers, Enthusiastic Citizen, has shared new information regarding some of AMD’s next-generation CPUs. They include Zen 4-based Ryzen 6000 Series processors, which will purportedly launch alongside the X670 and B650 chipsets by the end of Q2 2022 or early Q3 2022. According to the leaker, these platforms will introduce support for PCIe 5.0 but lack compatibility with DDR4 memory.

Enthusiastic Citizen’s post (machine translated):

First look at the new AMD Zen2 product, Renior X, coreless display, AM4, roughly the same specifications as Ryzen 4000G, there may not be R7, used to correspond to Intel i3, the time to market is unknown.Then next year CES, Vermeer S, AM4, Zen3D Cache.From the end of Q2 to the beginning of Q3 next year, Raphael, AM5, the new Zen4 architecture will be launched along with X670, B650 will be a...

Continue reading...

As long as you can still put the cpu in qn x570 board and use ddr4 and pcie 4 there I don't have an issue with this.

As long as you can still put the cpu in qn x570 board and use ddr4 and pcie 4 there I don't have an issue with this.

It's a new socket and not compatible with DDR4 so not gonna happen.

With the lack of DDR5 this launch is going to be a disaster for AMD

It's a new socket and not compatible with DDR4 so not gonna happen.

With the lack of DDR5 this launch is going to be a disaster for AMD
There's some time. It's not like Zen4 is launching tomorrow - we still haven't seen Zen3+ come out. I know this article says Mid-22, but I remain skeptical -- we could still be a couple years away from this hitting the shelves.

Not happening. Zen3/Zen3+ is the end of the line for AM4. There will be no new AM4 CPU's. Zen4 is going to use a new socket and be DDR5 compatible only it looks like. Next year, I doubt it will be a problem. DDR5 availability is only an issue at present.. It isn't necessarily supply chain issues either. It's lower demand and memory makers are still ramping up production.

Not happening. Zen3/Zen3+ is the end of the line for AM4. There will be no new AM4 CPU's. Zen4 is going to use a new socket and be DDR5 compatible only it looks like. Next year, I doubt it will be a problem. DDR5 availability is only an issue at present.. It isn't necessarily supply chain issues either. It's lower demand and memory makers are still ramping up production.

Well there is a shortage of the PMIC chips needed not sure how fast that will be resolved https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/ddr5-ram-already-hitting-severe-supply-shortages/

But in a years time a lot can change so who knows.

I actually missed this was the next full revision not the 3d cache revision of the current gen my bad.

I'm expecting solid sales on the next refresh for the current gen socket and more anemic sales for the new socket. But that's based on AMD's track record. Most expect the first revision to be good but the one after it to have the real wow factor.

I actually missed this was the next full revision not the 3d cache revision of the current gen my bad.
The 3D cache Ryzen 5000 series CPU's will still be AM4. They are a minor refresh of Zen3.

Become a Patron!
Back