AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D May Be Out as Early as Next Month, Followed by the Ryzen 9 9950X3D and 9900X3D with “New Features”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Ryzen 7 9800X3D, a new Zen 5 desktop processor with 3D V-Cache that will, if anything like the preceding Zen 4 model, feature 8 CPU cores and 16 threads, is releasing as early as the end of October, according to new rumors shared on China's Chiphell forums.

See full article...

Whether to go for a multi-CCD variant is going to be up to how well AMD (and Windows) handles the thread scheduling.

Lots of ways to approach the problem, and lots of ways for it to still go off kilter.
Yep, my thoughts as well but this is also the one I plan to wait a year or two for prices to drop and will then become my upgrade from AM4.

Maybe they'll put 3D cache on both CCD's. Then it doesn't matter which one is parked. Or neither need to be parked.

Maybe they'll put 3D cache on both CCD's. Then it doesn't matter which one is parked. Or neither need to be parked.
That unfortunately is unlikely to address the issue - which is cross-CCD communication.

It'd help in the sense that threads assigned to either CCD will benefit from X3D cache though I'll give you that.

Become a Patron!
Back