AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT Edges Out Intel’s Core i9-10900K Flagship In New Alleged Single-Core Benchmark

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-ryzen-badge-circle-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD is prepping three refreshes of its current, third-generation family of “Matisse” processors, the Ryzen 9 3900XT, Ryzen 7 3800XT, and Ryzen 5 3600XT. Perhaps unsurprisingly, alleged benchmarks spotted at CPU Monkey by a Chip Hell forum member (via Wccftech) have implied that they’ll square up nicely with Intel’s latest flagships, the Core i9-10900K and Core i9-10900KF. In fact, the revised “XT” version of the Ryzen 9 3900X manages to edge out blue team’s champion by a few points.

AMD’s upcoming Ryzen 93900XT processor scored 542 on the single-core Cinebench R20...

Continue reading...

Turbo all core 4.6???
Drooling. I honestly think if this is true that I know I will be buying this and putting it in my Ncase M1.
Again, IF TRUE. Big grain of salt always applied.

Yea thats cool... Grumbles.
I hear ya. Seeing the 3900X price drops recently has tempted me in a huge way. Seeing this is even more tempting. Must . . .resist urge. . .save money for GPU in fall.

I hear ya. Seeing the 3900X price drops recently has tempted me in a huge way. Seeing this is even more tempting. Must . . .resist urge. . .save money for GPU in fall.

I'm grumbling because I bought a 3900x. I'm happy with it's performance... so I'll hold out for a true next generation. Or LAST generation for my x570.

Nice.

So what are these, just a refresh with a new higher bin of Zen2?

I'm grumbling because I bought a 3900x. I'm happy with it's performance... so I'll hold out for a true next generation. Or LAST generation for my x570.
I saw that. I got the 3700x but 3900x was under consideration at the time since I was unexpectedly doing a new build for the holidays. I, unfortunately, didn't catch the reviews about the horrid vrm temps for the MSI MPG X570 before purchasing either. It's been a pretty good board but I'm pretty sure it's adding grief in my efforts to OC the 3700x and EVGA XC Ultra 2080 Super. I'm not about to put either underwater to compensate for it either(yet) since that vrm design probably isn't going to give much back. That combined with what I've read since seems to be a sure bet that if I were to upgrade to a 3900x or xt I'd really need to look at a better MOBO now. I gotta amit though that if a microcenter was near me I'd probably go get one anyways. $389 is tough to beat. The closest I've seen is $414 on Amazon.

Anyways kudos to AMD for edging out more performance. ;)

Become a Patron!
Back