AMD Unveils $379 Radeon RX 5700 and $449 RX 5700 XT

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD has officially announced its latest pair of Radeon cards at the company's Horizon Gaming event, the Radeon RX 5700 and 5700 XT. They're meant to compete with NVIDIA's RTX 2070 and 2060.

The base model features a boost clock of 1725 MHz and 8 GB of GDDR6 memory for $379.

The XT features a boost clock of 1905 MHz and the same amount of memory for $449.

There's also a 50th Anniversary Edition available that boosts to 1980 MHz. It swaps the red highlights for gold and will cost $499.

All three models are launching July 7.

I haven't upgraded my PC in a good 4 years or so, I think this may be the year I do it, and get to go back to AMD for once. I'm not in the 2080 Ti bracket anyways, so it seems like the XT/non XT would probably work well for me.

Eagerly awaiting reviews of these... Will you guys be able to get review samples being a new business?

Unknown. I don't know what contact Brent has had with AMD on that so I'll defer to him. I will say that we've had some trouble getting samples being brand new. Many of them will probably wait for us to become more established before sending us product. Some companies are being accommodating as we aren't total unknowns to them.

That being said, while we may not be able to get day one coverage where we can't get samples, we will buy the hardware we need to ourselves. I actually paid for the first motherboard we reviewed which you'll see early next week.

Unknown. I don't know what contact Brent has had with AMD on that so I'll defer to him. I will say that we've had some trouble getting samples being brand new. Many of them will probably wait for us to become more established before sending us product. Some companies are being accommodating as we aren't total unknowns to them.

That being said, while we may not be able to get day one coverage where we can't get samples, we will buy the hardware we need to ourselves. I actually paid for the first motherboard we reviewed which you'll see early next week.

All this talk of a motherboard review incoming. Put up or shut up!

:D

All this talk of a motherboard review incoming. Put up or shut up!

:D

Currently scheduled for Monday - we have slotted in a E3 Editorial in its place this week (where time matters a bit more).

I am excited for these video cards. I am building a new system this year and want to go AMD for the video card, because of the BS that nvidia pulled with GPP and what not.
If the reviews get good marks this will be my first AMD video card as I have been running Nvidia forever.

Crossfire still a thing on these? I know crossfire/sli is lacking in support these days but maybe dx 12 support will improve?

Crossfire still a thing on these? I know crossfire/sli is lacking in support these days but maybe dx 12 support will improve?

Crossfire is still supported as is SLI in some cases. However, support for multi-GPU is getting worse, not better.

Yeah, which is sad really but at least if there is dx12 support there may be some benefit. One would hope.

Become a Patron!
Back