AMD Will Ship Over 200,000 Radeon RX 7900 XTX|XT GPUs in Q4, It’s Claimed

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD's new Radeon RX 7900 XTX and Radeon RX 7900 XT graphics cards may be more plentiful than recent reports might have suggested, according to a recent tweet from HardOCP's Kyle Bennett, who revealed over the weekend that AMD plans to ship more than 200,000 of its first RDNA 3 "Navi 31" GPUs for gamers this quarter.

See full article...

So... reviewers get 100, trendy folks on Twitch get 200, E-gamers get 200, and scalpers get 199,500!

"Just get gud at Mashing F5!" -- Frank Azor

I hope AMD learned something from that and it's better than previous releases.

So... reviewers get 100, trendy folks on Twitch get 200, E-gamers get 200, and scalpers get 199,500!

"Just get gud at Mashing F5!" -- Frank Azor

I hope AMD learned something from that and it's better than previous releases.

Well maybe they will sell their 4080's at a loss and you can snatch up one of those cheap then, not sure how interested they still are after that debacle.

Well maybe they will sell their 4080's at a loss and you can snatch up one of those cheap then, not sure how interested they still are after that debacle.
Not sure what you mean here?

AMD: we're shipping 200,000 units!

The World: you do realize there are millions of us that want to buy, right?

Based on this reception they can be happy if they can actually sell this many without lowering prices.

Based on this reception they can be happy if they can actually sell this many without lowering prices.
The XT's also sold out, though not as fast as the XTX.

I honestly think people are just jaded by Nvidia and their pricing at this point and would take a lesser card, like the XT, just to stick it to Nvidia. Let their 4080's rot on shelves.

The XT's also sold out, though not as fast as the XTX.

I honestly think people are just jaded by Nvidia and their pricing at this point and would take a lesser card, like the XT, just to stick it to Nvidia. Let their 4080's rot on shelves.
I think you might be right but the scalping bots are pretty epic. I wouldn't be surprised if some are already getting posted in all the usual spots. The last time around with the 4080/4090s it only took a few hours after their release until they started to appear.

It just occurred to me and perhaps it already has to some other like-minded honest folk. Just like an office all pitching in to get a lottery ticket perhaps some good-hearted people ought to try banding together to get their own bot up so each can get a card at launch. It's a ridiculous proposition but maybe an answer to an otherwise losing war. I'm not in the market for anything but just a thought for those that are.

I love those scalpers selling you the confirmed order, awesome, just like the jerks posting the ps5 in their shopping cart still. Not even paid yet, and already listed. No one should buy from scalpers this is absurd.

It just occurred to me and perhaps it already has to some other like-minded honest folk. Just like an office all pitching in to get a lottery ticket perhaps some good-hearted people ought to try banding together to get their own bot up so each can get a card at launch. It's a ridiculous proposition but maybe an answer to an otherwise losing war. I'm not in the market for anything but just a thought for those that are.
That isn't a bad idea.

Personally, I wouldn't do it though

First and foremost - you are playing their game and re-enforcing to the retailers that this behavior is ok, or even expected. Then it just becomes a war of who has the better bot - not which retailer actually provides the best service.

Second - while I trust most people that I would get into a pool with, trust only goes so far, and if I found out one of them ~was~ scalping on the side, I'd be furious.

Case in point:
I ~just~ got notification today that my PS5 reservation is in at Sony. The one I put in for over a year ago. While there have been systems available to buy for a few weeks, if not months now. But it's too little too late now, not going to support that. They could have notified me back when stock actually stabilized, or, I don't know, actually used a queue system (I admire Valve for doing this for Steam Deck). But to suspiciously remind me right before the holidays that I haven't yet bought a PS5 -- yeah, screw off.

I see it as a matter of respect - they don't respect me as a consumer, and I don't have a need to patronize them. I'm sure the loss of my one unit will hardly send any kind of message, but maybe I'm not the only one out there.

Its just maddening that the norm now is you simply cannot buy a video card near release from a legit source at the "MSRP".
Im not in the market, but do cruise the usual sites to see what's going on.
Not a video card to be had except on eBay for 300 to 1000 dollars over price.
I also blame the chip makers and AIBs as well.
I get it. Its Christmas. People are crazy this time of year, thus sales are good at any price. But why not just wait a month or two until you have the inventory? Honestly 100 or 200 thousand cards are just a spit in the ocean.
But to them....sell out creates hype and adds fuel to the fire.

Become a Patron!
Back