AOC Announces Porsche Design 32-Inch 4K 144 Hz Monitor with HDR 1400 for $1,799

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
AOC has announced the Porsche Design AOC AGON PRO PD32M, a premium 32-inch gaming monitor with a sleek design that may also be of interest to content creators.

Go to post

I wouldn't buy anything under 40" for that kind of money. Also, Porsche is the same company that designs everything to look the same as a 50 year old car design. I don't see anything special about that monitors aesthetics. Certainly not enough to justify the price. I will admit that this is one of the better ultra-expensive halo level monitor products out there. But I still have the same complaints about the lack of size for the money.

I agree 32 is too small and I could go either way on the stand since I'd put it on an arm. What I do find impressive is the panel specs. It's still a bit rare to find monitors that HDR 1000, although there are definitely more coming out lately, trying to find things above HDR 1000 is still extremely rare. I agree, I'd really like to see a review on this one. I wouldn't drop the money on it, too rich for my tastes, but I'm still curious how it performs.

It ain't ugly at least. It is too small of course - you'd be running this with some level of scaling, so it'll be pin sharp.

And after the disappointment with text rendering on Samsung's QD-OLED and auto-brightness mess with LGs OLEDs (and those only being in 16:9), I'm kind of sour on OLEDs for desktop use at the moment.

I wouldn't buy anything under 40" for that kind of money.
I have my preferences... 38" ultrawide right now is working really well for a combination of desktop work and gaming, for example.

But I'd pay that in a heartbeat for a 'perfect' monitor as we understand it today. Just seems that the closer we get, the further we get away. I'll deal with IPS glow and low contrast until they figure out how to properly render text on the desktop.

It ain't ugly at least. It is too small of course - you'd be running this with some level of scaling, so it'll be pin sharp.

And after the disappointment with text rendering on Samsung's QD-OLED and auto-brightness mess with LGs OLEDs (and those only being in 16:9), I'm kind of sour on OLEDs for desktop use at the moment.

I have my preferences... 38" ultrawide right now is working really well for a combination of desktop work and gaming, for example.

But I'd pay that in a heartbeat for a 'perfect' monitor as we understand it today. Just seems that the closer we get, the further we get away. I'll deal with IPS glow and low contrast until they figure out how to properly render text on the desktop.
38" would be close enough. With the right specs I might be interested in a top end 38" display. Generally speaking though, 40" 4K is where its at for image quality and display size for a mix of productivity and gaming. Obviously, that's entirely subjective but I can't see spending $2,000 or close to it on some 27" and 32" displays that these companies keep coming up with.

But I'd pay that in a heartbeat for a 'perfect' monitor
I'd as well. I'm always on the eternal hunt for one too. I definitely feel privileged to have been able to buy the ones I have but each has pros and cons leading to the fact that none of them are exactly perfect. From IPS to OLED to QLED, and then 16:9 to 21:9 and 32:9, 60 Hz-200 Hz, HDR 400 to HDR 1000, and some with G-Sync, ranging from 22" all the way up to 65", there are a lot of flavors in the house. Needless to say that I've cut myself off from purchasing another until I really do see that perfect monitor. :)

Become a Patron!
Back