Apple’s Base 13-Inch MacBook Pro with M2 Chip Has Significantly Slower SSD Speeds: 50% Slower Read, 30% Slower Write

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The base model of Apple's new 13-inch MacBook Pro with M2 chip features significantly slower SSD speeds than its predecessor, according to new benchmarks shared by YouTubers that include Max Tech and Created Tech.

Go to post

I thought the m2 was a magical combination of the fastest pc components in human history. Faster than a 3090ti, a threadripper 64 core, Intels optane disks, faster than pcie 5 with Apple's unicorn fart magic dust... All the while sipping 3w total. Wait, its not like that?

I thought the m2 was a magical combination of the fastest pc components in human history. Faster than a 3090ti, a threadripper 64 core, Intels optane disks, faster than pcie 5 with Apple's unicorn fart magic dust... All the while sipping 3w total. Wait, its not like that?
they ran out of unicorn fart magic dust and substituted it with leprechaun butt dingleberries

Does it really matter? I mean, regression isn't great, but how many people are pushing SSD transfer speeds routinely on a laptop. It's all about IOPs when it comes to consumer use.

Does it really matter? I mean, regression isn't great, but how many people are pushing SSD transfer speeds routinely on a laptop. It's all about IOPs when it comes to consumer use.
Well if you take a look the real reason for this is due to the 256 gig storage being a single chip while anything larger is multichip. Meaning more paths to get to the data. So just don't order the 256 gig mac and you're fine.

Become a Patron!
Back