Apple Reportedly Had to Abandon Adding Ray Tracing to the iPhone 14 Pro after Many Mistakes Were Discovered Late into Its Development

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The Information has said, behind a paywalled report, that Apple reportedly had to abandon the feature after numerous design mistakes were made during its development causing Apple to instead reuse the previous architecture used for the A15 chip in the A16 chip featured in the latest iPhone.

See full article...

Wonder what apples version of DLSS will be called then, since you can’t really have RT without upscaling right now

What benefit would RT possibly add on a phone?

This **** is just starting to get stupid.
I was thinking the same thing but as it turns out Apple was just trying to beat some of the Android folk to the punch. I read a separate article recently explaining how some of the latest Android SoCs got it.

There are other articles out there but these get the point across. Apple was slow to the punch. I agree though, kind of a wasted concept on mobile.

I was thinking the same thing but as it turns out Apple was just trying to beat some of the Android folk to the punch. I read a separate article recently explaining how some of the latest Android SoCs got it.

There are other articles out there but these get the point across. Apple was slow to the punch. I agree though, kind of a wasted concept on mobile.

I mean, personally I'd be fine if my phone had the equivalent of an SVGA adapter.

I never use 3D graphics of any kind on any phone.

Can the graphics chip support Web Pages and Email? If so it's good enough.

Become a Patron!
Back