ASMedia Wins Orders for AMD's 600-Series Chipsets, But They Won't Be Released Until Year's End

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD's budget-oriented B550 and A520 chipsets aren't the only products that ASMedia will be responsible for, as DIGITIMES is reporting that the ASUS-owned company has won orders for AMD's 500- and 600-series chipsets as well. The latter will presumably be paired with AMD's upcoming round of Ryzen (Zen 3-based) processors.

There's some bad news here, in that the 600-series chipsets won't be released until "the end of 2020." This suggests that Ryzen 4000 won't surface until the holidays at the earliest (assuming the 600-series is, in fact, a related part and not something reserved for a new APU lineup).

Being that AMD launched its 3rd-gen Ryzen processors in July last year, enthusiasts who are itching to upgrade might view this as a delay, but the company has little to worry about in terms of time frame. Thanks to a lack of competition from Intel, AMD's current Ryzen lineup should continue to hold up well in terms of both sales and performance.

According to DIGITIMES's report, ASMedia is also working on a USB 4 controller chip for release this year. The company's USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 chip will supposedly see increased demand soon due to the lack of support in Intel CPUs, which are limited to USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps).

Don't think its much of a big deal... AMD pushed ahead so much, and the smorgasbord of mobo options really covers everything... From cheap, to full blown *** kicking.
Mobo manufacturers have really done a great job.. I mean ****, my cheapish b450 has dual m2 option (sata ports do go away as you activate m2.. this is b450 after all) good amount of pci, plenty of usb3 and being a newer b450 it can run up to the 3950x.. I mean wtf can I complain about.
Excellent that they are updating in any case.. i am sure they are also getting ready for ddr5 so transition will be faster as it becomes widely available.

In a way its good amd partnered in this way.. specially since they (Asmedia) know the benefits for Ryzen are for their benefits too, which will likely keep them motivated, while other will also see that and know they can partner with AMD.

Become a Patron!
Back