ASUS Announces Availability of RT-AXE7800 WiFi 6E Tri-Band Router with Up to 7,800 Mbps of Bandwidth

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS has announced that the RT-AXE7800, one of the company's latest WiFi 6E routers, is now available for purchase.

See full article...

I didn't see anything talking about the wired ethernet port speeds. I'm waiting for all ports [4 or more) at speeds of 2.5ghz or better. Until then I dgaf.

I didn't see anything talking about the wired ethernet port speeds. I'm waiting for all ports [4 or more) at speeds of 2.5ghz or better. Until then I dgaf.
You have a good point. Interesting port selection:

1 x 2.5G Mbps for WAN/LAN
1 x RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps for WAN/LAN
3 x RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps for LAN

I'm waiting for all ports [4 or more) at speeds of 2.5ghz or better. Until then I dgaf.
2.5Gbps :coffee:

I think ASUS is hitting the common consumer usecase here. Well, except for the 6GHz band, if the router isn't in a common area with line-of-sight to user devices.

But to your point, it'd be nice to see at least one more 2.5Gbps switchport so that you can get wired speeds on the LAN side to match the WAN side.

My current router is an Asus. Very good router. I don't foresee a need for another in a long time. My focus in routers is less top speed and more about range and multiple devices. This router reads cool, but would exceed my isp speed 78x.

The real benefit to all of those channels is that more devices can be spread across those channels so it operates more like a switch. Time will tell if it works or just confuses devices.

The real benefit to all of those channels is that more devices can be spread across those channels so it operates more like a switch. Time will tell if it works or just confuses devices.
More likely just clog up the band — imagine an apartment or dorm with a few dozen of these things.

More likely just clog up the band — imagine an apartment or dorm with a few dozen of these things.
Apartments over dorms. Those are some EXPENSIVE routers. I don't think most dorms will have those. They will just use the provided wifi in the dorms.

Those are some EXPENSIVE routers.
In a world of $10 lattes, $30 avocado toast, $700 gaming chairs and $1,500 GPUs — I don’t know that price is too relevant when speaking about that crowd.

Throw LEDs on it, call it “gamer” and mark it up 200% - it’ll sell just fine.

Become a Patron!
Back