ASUS Announces ROG Strix XG27WQ Gaming Monitor: 27-Inch, 165 Hz VA Panel with 1 Ms Response Time

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-rog-strix-XG27WQ-front-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

ASUS has launched its latest gaming monitor, the ROG Strix XG27WQ, which carries a feature set that – while not revolutionary – should tick most gamers’ boxes.

This is a 27-inch, WQHD (2560 x 1440) curved VA panel with a 165 Hz native refresh rate and 1 ms response time. It also supports AMD’s FreeSync Premium Pro for smooth, tear-free gameplay, and is DisplayHDR 400 certified for true 8-bit color quality and a peak luminance of 400 cd/m2. (Contrast ratio is 3,000:1.)

The ultra-fast, 1-ms response time is made possible by ASUS’s exclusive Extreme Low Motion Blur Technology, which eliminates blur by switching off the backlight in between refreshes.

ASUS hasn’t revealed the XG27WQ’s pricing, but being a ROG Strix product, it’ll probably be sold at a relative premium...

Continue reading...

Now that I have time off to think I am going back and forth on my next monitor. I have the 32 inch MSI now but it started to develop a few dead pixels which can be annoying. Not sure If I want to downsize to a 27 inch nice monitor like the Asus or go to something like the newer Alienware 34 inch curved monitor. Also been considering 4K. I guess I have more time to look into this now that our stay at home order has been extended.

Become a Patron!
Back