ASUS Doesn’t Expect to Have Custom Radeon RX 5700 GPUs until September

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD had mentioned that custom Radeon RX 5700 graphics cards would debut next month, but ASUS seems to have other plans. According to a post on the company's official blog, Edge Up, ASUS's unique interpretations won't show until September, at earliest.

Our initial Navi offerings will use AMD’s reference cooler design and clock speeds, but we’ll be tweaking, tuning, and powering up these new Radeons with coolers of our own design soon. Stay tuned for more details in September.

Pessimists say this could mean custom Radeon RX 5700 GPUs have been delayed by all board partners, but other manufacturers seem pretty firm on the August date.

A little later than I'd hope for but considering they often will have custom PCB's plus their own cooling solutions it's not completely unexpected. They'll get it out just in time for the holidays. They'd just better deliver a truly superior card and keep the price down or else that "Asus tax" will price them right out of the market. This coming from someone with 2 gens of Strix x80ti's. I'm happy with mine but the target group for the 5700 or 5700xt are not likely to pay $100-$200 more after they've already been on the market nearly 1-3 months.

Become a Patron!
Back