ASUS Launches Pre-Orders for ROG Ally Windows 11 Handheld with AMD Ryzen Z1 ($599) and Ryzen Z1 Extreme ($699) Ahead of June Release and Reviews Wa...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS has announced that the ROG Ally with Ryzen Z1 Extreme will be available in the US for $699 at Best Buy, with pre-orders starting today ahead of its June 13, 2023 release, while the Ryzen Z1 variant will also be available later this year for $599. Both of these Windows 11 gaming handhelds feature a 7-inch 1080p screen and up to 512 GB of NVMe storage, with the Ryzen Z1 Extreme model offering up to 8.6 teraflops of graphics performance, according to a chart that ASUS shared. AMD has also published a set of benchmarks that suggest the Ryzen Z1 Extreme can deliver frame rates of over 200 FPS in popular games that include CS:GO.

See full article...

Tempting, but I have other priorities at the moment, so it will have to wait.

hmm $700 for this or parts to replace my 4930K setup. I already know that answer and parts have been ordered. Still not the worst price and the processor specs are impressive for a handheld. I wish 'em good luck. Nothing wrong with the Steam Deck but it's nice seeing this field fill up again.

Haven't seen this yet, but my brother sent me this:
He has a Steam Deck, which he absolutely loves, and he has been checking out a lot of Ally stuff.

Haven't seen this yet, but my brother sent me this:
He has a Steam Deck, which he absolutely loves, and he has been checking out a lot of Ally stuff.
The problem is Asus doesn't have the software division and market influence that steam does.

Become a Patron!
Back