ASUS ROG Swift Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC and 500 Hz Refresh Rate Announced: World’s Fastest Esports Display

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA has revealed that ASUS will be releasing a new ROG Swift gaming monitor that supports incredibly high refresh rates of up to 500 Hz. The display features a brand-new, 24-inch 1080p E-TN panel that’s aimed at esports and designed to provide the best possible gaming experience for competitive titles. It also comes with NVIDIA’s […]

Go to post

Gross. I'm just not into super fast displays that look like **** and are less than 30" in size.

Oh gawd, TN panels. Why won't these f*cking die already?

A 500Hz VRR range would be handy for those really old games I play that run in excess of 300fps (like UT3). However I am completely unwilling to give up a good panel, higher resolutions, decent color, and good image quality for that. Plus such a small monitor size.

Oh gawd, TN panels. Why won't these f*cking die already?

A 500Hz VRR range would be handy for those really old games I play that run in excess of 300fps (like UT3). However I am completely unwilling to give up a good panel, higher resolutions, decent color, and good image quality for that. Plus such a small monitor size.
Exactly. Besides, I can limit the FPS of those older titles and not really feel like I'm missing anything. As it is, you'd probably have to put some newer games into potato mode to get those kind of framerates. No thanks.

Etch a Sketch level graphics just aren't for me.

There must be an audience for these that I'm completely unaware of. Is eSports even still a thing? I don't see much news about it, and most of what I've seen regarding Blizzard's have mostly shifted towards negative "Cancel" press regarding executives, and the impending MS takeover.

Even my son, who's 15 - doesn't give a **** about it. He doesn't even chase high end graphics - for the longest time he thought his Intel IGP was good enough because Minecraft ran fine. Now he's rocking an AMD 5700, and his games run (like crap, I think), but he's perfectly happy with it. I suppose unless some twitch streamer he watches starts hawking these, at any rate. Then he'd probably want the monitor, and never realize he's driving it at ... 35 FPS.

There must be an audience for these that I'm completely unaware of. Is eSports even still a thing? I don't see much news about it, and most of what I've seen regarding Blizzard's have mostly shifted towards negative "Cancel" press regarding executives, and the impending MS takeover.

Even my son, who's 15 - doesn't give a **** about it. He doesn't even chase high end graphics - for the longest time he thought his Intel IGP was good enough because Minecraft ran fine. Now he's rocking an AMD 5700, and his games run (like crap, I think), but he's perfectly happy with it. I suppose unless some twitch streamer he watches starts hawking these, at any rate. Then he'd probably want the monitor, and never realize he's driving it at ... 35 FPS.
Oh yeah, eSports is definitely a thing. Colleges even have eSports teams these days. Also, eSports players aren't chasing graphics. They are chasing performance. They'll often turn things down as far as they'll go in order to improve frame rates and eliminate visual noise that might make target acquisition faster. You don't want grass, foliage or pesky details when competing. Or so I'm told.

Out side of people that want to be 'leetzors at whatever fps' why the hell are these monitors even a thing? Do people not realize the up in quality in gaming on a decent 1440p or better monitor?

1653439085086.png

Seriously though, is someone going to use AI to play Pacman on this thing with a 3090 Ti and a 12900K?

Become a Patron!
Back