ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX: 32-Inch 4K IPS Panel with 144 Hz Refresh Rate, G-SYNC, DisplayHDR 1400, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-rog-swift-pg32uqx-monitor-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

Chinese web store Taobao (via TFT Central) has listed one of ASUS’s most highly anticipated monitors, the ROG Swift PG32UQX. While a few of its core features were laid out by the company back in January (CES), Taobao’s listing reveals the display’s complete specifications, which look spectacular.

The ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX is a 32-inch monitor that leverages a 4K (3840 x 2160p) IPS panel with full-array local dimming Mini LED backlight (1,152 zones). Supporting refresh rates of up to...

Continue reading...

I'm not saying it's on my shopping list just yet, but I'm definitely interested.

If it was larger it would be on my shopping list. Make it 40-43" and I'd be interested.

Finally, something worth upgrading from my Samsung U32D970Q. Lets hope that price is not accurate.

40 and up is a bit too big as I'd have to move my head, rather than just my eyes. At 32", this is in my Goldilocks range.

The 43000 yen is approximately $400 USD. That's mighty attractive considering its specs.

At $400 this is an instant buy for me, if that ends up being anywhere close. I tend to think it will run a lot more than that. The article says $6,400 which is probably a placeholder (the article also says that)...

Looks great :)

Probably around $1200 is my guess, which aint too bad.

At $1200 and under, I’m in - that’s roughly what I paid for my U2011, and I’ve gotten almost 10 years out of that. More than $1800 and I probably end up going back to the VR plan instead

The 43000 yen is approximately $400 USD. That's mighty attractive considering its specs.
I read the specs and thought, 'maybe $2400', given what 'G-Sync Ultimate' displays have gone for previously.
Finally, something worth upgrading from my Samsung U32D970Q. Lets hope that price is not accurate.

40 and up is a bit too big as I'd have to move my head, rather than just my eyes. At 32", this is in my Goldilocks range.
It's kind of assumed that you'd both set it further back and use scaling for UIs like the desktop.

So.... I made the boo boo earlier...

jyen.JPG

It's Chinese Yuan, not Japanese Yen...

cyen.JPG

So... not a $400 monitor, but a $6400 one. Oopppsss.

Sorry for destroying your dreams about a potentially cheap monitor. I'm gonna show myself out now. But FWIW, that Taobao link no longer works, so maybe it was just a placeholder. :D

I read the specs and thought, 'maybe $2400', given what 'G-Sync Ultimate' displays have gone for previously.

It's kind of assumed that you'd both set it further back and use scaling for UIs like the desktop.

Well that assumption by manufacturers would be the problem. I prefer to keep scaling at 100%, to maximize the amount of workspace I have. Additionally as I wall mount my monitor, there's only so far it can be set back from where I'm sitting.

Sorry for destroying your dreams about a potentially cheap monitor. I'm gonna show myself out now. But FWIW, that Taobao link no longer works, so maybe it was just a placeholder. :D

Lets hope. At that price the Apple Pro Display XDR suddenly doesn't look to bad (except for being stuck at 60hz).

View attachment 540

View attachment 541

Given the specs you should have known better than to think it was going to be just $400 :p.

The good news is that these things are typically more expensive in China. I would expect the price in the US to be around $5,000-$5,500 USD. Still way too expensive for what it is. I love my PG27UQ, but I'd rather get the 48" CX for a quarter the price of the PG32UQX..

Well that assumption by manufacturers would be the problem. I prefer to keep scaling at 100%, to maximize the amount of workspace I have. Additionally as I wall mount my monitor, there's only so far it can be set back from where I'm sitting.
4k 32" is the sweet spot for me as well, perfect for arm mounting over desk.

Lets hope. At that price the Apple Pro Display XDR suddenly doesn't look to bad (except for being stuck at 60hz).
The APD was always priced right, compared to other actual Pro monitors.

Given the specs you should have known better than to think it was going to be just $400 :p.

The good news is that these things are typically more expensive in China. I would expect the price in the US to be around $5,000-$5,500 USD. Still way too expensive for what it is. I love my PG27UQ, but I'd rather get the 48" CX for a quarter the price of the PG32UQX..
A gaming monitor at $5000 wont be around too long. I expect the 4K 144hz 32" market to have more options at much, much lower prices very soon.

But it is Yuan, not Yen which puts the conversion to the stated $6,400 of the article. I highly doubt a monitor with these specs will be either price reggardless.

6 Grand or so.... Yeah I am out, count me in for a used model later down the road unless someone manages to make something reasonably priced before that happens lmao.

Anything over $1K and the LG CX starts to look better. But yeah given specs I expect this to run closer to $1500

But it is Yuan, not Yen which puts the conversion to the stated $6,400 of the article. I highly doubt a monitor with these specs will be either price reggardless.
The 27" PG27UQ with a third the number of FALD zones and 400 nits less peak brightness was $2,000. That monitor also did not use the mini LED backlight array that the new 32" one is. It is easily believable that this monitor will be north of 5 large. Actually falls into what I was predicting when this monitor was first announced.

Become a Patron!
Back