ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 (Ryzen 9 4900HS) Review Round-Up: AMD Topples Intel in the Laptop Space

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-rog-zephyrus-g14-black-white-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

Reviews for ASUS’s ROG Zephyrus G14 – one of the first laptops to boast AMD’s new Ryzen 4000 “Renoir” APUs – are out, and they’re positively glowing. Everyone seems to agree that AMD has finally trounced Intel in the mobile arena, as the company’s new 7 nm chips offer an incredible price/performance ratio that can’t be matched by its competitor. Here are some highlights:

Hardware Unboxed/TechSpot: The big one here is the Ryzen 9 4900HS versus the Core i9-9880H. These are similar class processors, 8-core versus 8-core and should give us a pretty solid indication of what to expect from 10th-gen as well, if we get minor clock speed improvements from Intel as is rumored.

In most long term, multi-threaded workloads, we’re seeing 35% better performance from the Zen 2 chip. We also get...

Continue reading...

This is amazingly bad *** news! I've been looking for a higher core count laptop. This time next year (or if we get two stimulus checks) I might get one and give my old gaming laptop to my son.

Become a Patron!
Back