Battlefield 2042 Refund Petition Reaches over 30,000 Signatures

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
battlefield-2042-key-art-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: EA/DICE

A disgruntled Battlefield 2042 player by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto (not the actual inventor of Bitcoin, presumably) has started a petition calling for EA to admit its missteps with the latest installment of the FPS franchise and to give players a refund, alleging that the company engaged in false advertising and released a product that was unplayable at launch. The petition seems to be doing pretty well so far, having attracted over 30,000 signatures from like-minded Battlefield 2042 players, some of whom have described the game as being a “scam” and “disappointment.” A lawyer will be hired to take the case against EA once the petition reaches 50,000 signatures or more, according to Nakamoto.

Allow Refund for Battlefield 2042 on All Platforms...

Continue reading...

Someone get Angry Joe on this, he could probably drum up another million+ from his channel.

I'm going to come out and suggest that "this is why you don't pre-order games".

If you buy something sight unseen, you kind of get what you deserve.

First in the line that I didn't pre-order. The first open beta was pretty informative - it's a pile of trash in release state.

I waited till afterward to get it so that I could use it for benchmarks, and I still haven't played it. I continue to stick to BF4 and have picked up Halo Infinite in the meantime.

If you buy something sight unseen, you kind of get what you deserve.
I generally agree with this. To be clear, I rarely pre-order games. However, when a game series has been excellent, I'll usually give them the benefit of the doubt and support it sight unseen. When the company breaks my trust, I stop doing that. I'm not saying my way is the right way. Ideally, no one would pre-order any games at all.

I'll be honest, I don't preorder at all unless there is some sort of exclusive in-game preorder bonus. I feel shame for even saying that but I'm a whore for cosmetic items like that, especially if they aren't really costing extra. Sometimes preorder items are given away down the road but not always. To be clear, I have to have some actual interest in the in-game items or I won't bother.

I've always preordered Destiny 2 Expansions before release, but in that event I'm mostly doing it so that I don't have to do it when the expansion drops. I play with friends and I've yet to be disappointed in that system so far. That being said, I won't ever preorder from CDPR again. While I think Cyberpunk 2077 was fantastic (and still play it) the company broke my trust and delivered a sub-par and sometimes initially frustrating experience.

I had never played anything CDPR had done before but everyone acted as though it was the one developer you could trust. That was clearly not the case. I think I still would have bought Cyberpunk 2077, but I also think it would have been better to wait for a better initial experience. Similarly, I wasn't going to preorder Halo Infinite as I want to play the game co-op and that won't be an option until sometime later this year. I've not even bought the game at all. I'd rather wait and potentially get it a little cheaper down the line when its actually finished or in a proper release state.

Co-op is **** near bread and butter for the series and not releasing Halo Infinite with it is bullshit. My point is, there may be people out there who actually liked all the Battlefield games up until 2042 and trusted EA and DICE to deliver a solid Battlefield experience and are just now learning the painful lesson. I knew years ago that BF games are all trash for at least two to three weeks post-launch. They are often riddled with game-breaking bugs that shouldn't exist out of the gate like that. I wouldn't have preordered any BF game in light of my experiences with even good entries into the series.

I've found them all increasingly disappointing since Battlefield Bad Company 2. Everything onward has just been more and more of a let down. I didn't even buy BFV or BF2042. I played 2042 on EA's PlayPro and the experience was awful.

I've found them all increasingly disappointing since Battlefield Bad Company 2. Everything onward has just been more and more of a let down. I didn't even buy BFV or BF2042. I played 2042 on EA's PlayPro and the experience was awful.

Man I miss Bad Company. Those games were great.

I used to pre-order COD and BF games. Haven't with the last few released as they've been ****e from the get-go.

had never played anything CDPR had done before but everyone acted as though it was the one developer you could trust.
W3 was a hot mess when it shipped as well, but they have always made good on their games in the long run. CP2077 is pretty much on par with their typical cadence.

Become a Patron!
Back