Brent Justice Intro and GPU Review Format

Looks like you guys have some solid plans in store for reviews. This new approach seems like it will really hit all the targets of information presentation. Can't wait for the first round of reviews to see what it looks like. I also really like the idea of short youtube video's showing the hardware. That was something I always liked over at HardOCP.

Looks like you guys have some solid plans in store for reviews. This new approach seems like it will really hit all the targets of information presentation. Can't wait for the first round of reviews to see what it looks like. I also really like the idea of short youtube video's showing the hardware. That was something I always liked over at HardOCP.

*Puts spotlight on @Brent_Justice * Next week!

Down the road when you guys start to accumulate a bunch of old GPUs, you should totally do a video with a smoke test. Measure how much smoke comes pre-installed in each GPU, and compare each individual smell... kinda like a fine wine test... but for GPU's :cool:

Thank you, keep in mind the look and format may change over time as I tweak it. Also, the tests run will vary depending on what needs to be represented or is important. Most initial reviews will be single-card reviews, which may take a little getting used to. However, I think once you see how it shows performance at all three resolutions, you'll see how informative they actually can be. In time, as we get more comparison cards then we will follow-up with more reviews adding those in for comparison. That allows us to make a lot of review from just one video card.

Can you do some reviews on the Workstation cards too?

Things of the Quadro and FirePro variety?

Right now, the site's focus/direction is PC Enthusiast/Gamer kit. Yes, we'll run some compute tests on the GPUs we review, and I'm not opposed to moving into workstation cards in the future, but that's going to be a ways out.

Thank you, keep in mind the look and format may change over time as I tweak it. Also, the tests run will vary depending on what needs to be represented or is important. Most initial reviews will be single-card reviews, which may take a little getting used to. However, I think once you see how it shows performance at all three resolutions, you'll see how informative they actually can be. In time, as we get more comparison cards then we will follow-up with more reviews adding those in for comparison. That allows us to make a lot of review from just one video card.
This reminds me of the old Beyond 3d reviews using a single card, I use to love those since it took all the politics out of it and more time was spent at the technology and what it meant vice time wasted configuring systems, switching out cards and testing the same thing over and over again.

Can't wait for the first and hopefully years of reviews in the making - good luck Brent!

I just want to say best of luck to all the FPS review writers! You guys set the bar at [H], you know what's up, and most importantly, what we (the still [H] readers) expect. Hard facts and objective reviewing above all else, fluff and marketing nonsense be damned.

Total faith in you guys to knock it out of the park!

Btw, this non-red/black theme still has me a bit baffled :p, I'm slow to adapt to change.

Looking forward to some great reviews. I relied on [H]ardOCP for years for trusted reviews. I still have and use a Ratz pad and even have the Ratz Pad beta pad given out at QuakeCon in 2002 around here somewhere. I also had the pleasure and honor of working security for some fo the [H]ard OCP events at a couple of QuakeCons and have known Kyle Bennet since 2002 although I haven't seen him in years. Hopefully FPS will eventually follow in [H]ardOCP's footsteps and participate in some enthusiast events at various gaming conventions and maybe host some events too. I am a really old fart and don't FPS game much any more (arthritis setting in) but still keep a gaming rig for those occasions when I get in the mood and my hands don't hurt. Good luchk and write some "NO BS" reviews(y)

Last edited:
We are a long way off from sponsoring events. Attending them is probably a lot closer, but we would like to do all that sort of stuff eventually.

Become a Patron!
Back