Bruce Willis Taking Acting Break Due to Debilitating Medical Condition

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Bruce Willis' family has shared some disheartening news about the actor. Daughter Rumer Willis posted on her Instagram page that Willis is taking a break from acting due to a debilitating medical condition called aphasia.

Go to post

That's sad. I wonder what the deeper prognosis is, since aphasia is usually the side effect of other problems (head injury, cancer, disease, etc)

I read an interesting article about him. We all know he's been doing tons of these shovelware movies the last decade, just quick cash grabs on garbage movies really. The article quoted people saying he has had a hard time with his lines for several years, to the point where they just gave him an earpiece (earwig) and someone reads his lines to him to repeat. I had assumed it was bc he didn't give a crap about these 1-2 day shoots enough to read the scripts and he does so many of them. This shines a different light on that.

Anyway he has plenty of money, time to take it easy and hopefully with time, therapy, medication his condition isn't permanent.

We all know he's been doing tons of these shovelware movies the last decade
Yep, I chose to leave that out of the post but I'd read some reviews in recent months about the various projects that've been on Netflix. Well, now we know why. I'd always thought it seemed a bit unusual for him since most of his past projects were usually of a higher caliber.

I honestly couldn't tell you anything he had been in in the past 15+ years - I figured the guy made his money, weas just enjoying life and doing small bit parts that he just enjoyed doing /shrug. He was in almost every blockbuster from the mid-late '90's.

Hate to hear this happen to anyone

I honestly couldn't tell you anything he had been in in the past 15+ years - I figured the guy made his money, weas just enjoying life and doing small bit parts that he just enjoyed doing /shrug. He was in almost every blockbuster from the mid-late '90's.

Hate to hear this happen to anyone

Last half decent movie I saw him in was Looper. Since then he's done about 50 direct to video movies. Following the Nick Cage playbook I guess.

Have to say that Arnold has had his share of the direct things as well. I'm always shocked when I see something with his face on a new movie image on Netflix/Prime.

For the past 10-15 years or so Bruce Willis became the "new" Nicolas Cage. I've seen a few of his b-movies, suffice to say they all suck.

Too bad for his condition, I think its at least treatable, so there's hope. BTW don't let Will Smith know Bruce also suffers from alopecia :LOL: :p :D

Become a Patron!
Back