Bungie Files Lawsuit over Fraudulent DMCA Notices on YouTube

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Bungie has filed a lawsuit over a series of copyright takedowns sent to YouTube streamers who had been trying to preserve music from the Destiny games. DMCA notifications were received by not only players who streamed parts of the game, but also Bungie, which looked into the matter after being served a copyright notice over its own intellectual properties.

Go to post

I like how the asshat who fraudulently filed the DMCA notices is blaming Youtube and Bungie. I'm sorry doucherocket you did the bad deed and it is YOUR fault and YOU will pay the price for it via this lawsuit. Enjoy

Copyright scammers are common on youtube, I've encountered them myself. They file DMCAs on the IP holder's behalf with no connection or permission from the actual IP holder. Then demand money for the DMCA to "go away".

I looked into who is filing the DMCA and emailed them their own name and that they obviously do not represent who they claim to. Of course the claim went away instantly.

I've also seen some youtuber fall for the scam and pay out a huge sum and his channel was still destroyed.

It's good that someone actually has the resources to take them to court and not just scare them away.

I like how the asshat who fraudulently filed the DMCA notices is blaming Youtube and Bungie. I'm sorry doucherocket you did the bad deed and it is YOUR fault and YOU will pay the price for it via this lawsuit. Enjoy
I totally agree. It's one thing to draw attention to a flawed process but quite another to draw in innocents and make them suffer.

Become a Patron!
Back