CableMod 12VHPWR Right Angle Adapter is scheduled for pre-sale on October 31st

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The adapter utilizes a multi-PCB design and will be available in two configurations allowing any kind of orientation of card installation without bending the 16-pin 12VHPWR cable at the card.

See full article...

Wow!

I keep looking for the disclaimer info in this article but it's definitely MIA!

This is clearly super bad advice for ALL 4090 owners!

NVIDIA has made it very clear that ANY 3rd-party unauthorized cables WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!

Best advice is, even for the impatient owners, WAIT UNTIL NVIDIA ~ OFFICIALLY ~ recall and/or replace ALL compromised hardware! ANYTHING ELSE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE but just dirty greed and very ill actors that is desperate to capitalize from a sensitive situation.

These type of clowns are the ones that WISE consumers should boycott, not endorse/promote/advertise! 😏

Uhh cablemod has been around and a stand up company for a while. What are you getting on about? Nvidia would DIAF trying to fight warranty replacement due to a cable. Thats like back in the day when drive manufacturers wouldn't let their drives slave if another brand drive was on the same ide cable.

NVIDIA has made it very clear that ANY 3rd-party unauthorized cables WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!
You are right, they do (and I agree with Grim, it's disgusting and I don't know if it would hold up if someone were to challenge it). But, if you have a card failure of other-than-the-cable-melting sort, how would they know?

That said - you have a very good point. I don't know why people are jumping all over themselves to get this card -- and then turn around to get a third party adapter -- knowing that what comes in the box isn't what you should be getting and paying for. You should wait until it's fixed, or at least identified and addressed in some manner, before throwing big wads of cash at it.

Last edited:
That said - you have a very good point. I don't know why people are jumping all over themselves to get this card -- and then turn around to get a third party adapter -- knowing that what comes in the box isn't what you should be getting and paying for.
I agree with you on the latter part of your statement. Though even if the included Nvidia adapter would have been fine most people including myself don't really like the "dongle" of wires that it presents. I know it isn't possible with this cards design, but EVGA had a good stable solution with their Powerlink 41S they used with their 3090 TI cards like I currently use on my card.
7-22-22 -1.jpg

Uhh cablemod has been around and a stand up company for a while. What are you getting on about? Nvidia would DIAF trying to fight warranty replacement due to a cable. Thats like back in the day when drive manufacturers wouldn't let their drives slave if another brand drive was on the same ide cable.
It's EASY to separate a fool from its money.

I don't gaf how long a business has been around for, there's a first for everything when it comes to screw ups, when it comes to my/family/friends investment and especially knowing that NVIDIA WILL rectify this situation... officially... for all its 4090 owners, not by unofficial 3rd-party means.

Besides, I must've missed the part where thousands/tens-of-thousands of hours that CableMod so-called cables were lab TESTED and CONFIRMED. 😏

Last I heard neither NVIDIA nor partners, ever stipulated that you must under all circumstances use only a cable they provide and in fact, prior to the 4090 most cards did not come with even 1, let alone 4, PCIe 8-pin VGA cables(s) to plug into the PSU. I've Molex's but other than the cable that came with my 3090 Ti I've never had extra PCIe VGA cables thrown in.

I agree with you on the latter part of your statement. Though even if the included Nvidia adapter would have been fine most people including myself don't really like the "dongle" of wires that it presents. I know it isn't possible with this cards design, but EVGA had a good stable solution with their Powerlink 41S they used with their 3090 TI cards like I currently use on my card.
View attachment 2002
I was actually looking for this, this morning. Looks like EVGA isn't selling much these days (I was also checking their PSUs). I went ahead and put myself on the auto-notify list for it. Not on Amazon either. I guess I missed my chance.

Last I heard neither NVIDIA nor partners, ever stipulated that you must under all circumstances use only a cable they provide and in fact, prior to the 4090 most cards did not come with even 1, let alone 4, PCIe 8-pin VGA cables(s) to plug into the PSU. I've Molex's but other than the cable that came with my 3090 Ti I've never had extra PCIe VGA cables thrown in.
1667162443890.png

Dunno if it's legit or not, but supposedly from the documentation included with 4090 FE edition. I also can't confirm if anything similar is included in the language for AIB cards.

Source:

I usually replace my cables to my power supplies with Cablemod at some point. Just look better and are more flexible. Never had an issue with them.

Of course, CM is not going to trash-talk it's on marketing, that's expected.

But, if NVIDIA has tested and confirmed CM claims, where is NVIDIA's certified stamp of approval to OFFICIALLY utlize 3rd-party cables? By now, should've NVIDIA directed its 4090 owners to use CM, etc. as an official solution? Why haven't NVIDIA PR in favour for this 3rd-party solution? Or is CM is saying that NVIDIA just forgot to stamp it, it's all good anyway, just buy up?

Last edited:
It's EASY to separate a fool from its money.

I don't gaf how long a business has been around for, there's a first for everything when it comes to screw ups, when it comes to my/family/friends investment and especially knowing that NVIDIA WILL rectify this situation... officially... for all its 4090 owners, not by unofficial 3rd-party means.

Besides, I must've missed the part where thousands/tens-of-thousands of hours that CableMod so-called cables were lab TESTED and CONFIRMED. 😏
Because that worked out so well for nvidia?

Because that worked out so well for nvidia?
Nope, it's not about a company being immune from issues but what it is about is the perfect ~ solution ~ that the company utilizes to CORRECT the situation and ONLY NVIDIA has the perfect solution that DOES NOT RISK their owners' investment morphed into a $2000+ paperweight. NVIDIA could try 1x and fail 40x more but their 4090 owners are not at any potential risk for losing NVIDIA's support by complying to only NVIDIA's guidelines, etc.

I can be pretty tough on any company that deserves a set of loose teeth but, clearly, NVIDIA is the best, ONLY, solution to correct this issue, with a piece of mind, and the sharks deserves a powerhead... riiiiight there!

Last edited:
Nope, it's not about a company being immune from issues but what it is about is the perfect ~ solution ~ that the company utilizes to CORRECT the situation and ONLY NVIDIA has the perfect solution that DOES NOT RISK their owners' investment morphed into a $2000+ paperweight. NVIDIA could try 1x and fail 40x more but their 4090 owners are not at any risk for losing NVIDIA's support.

I can be pretty tough on any company that deserves a set of loose teeth but, clearly, NVIDIA is the best, ONLY, solution to correct this issue, with a piece of mind, and the sharks deserves a powerhead... riiiiight there!
I get what you are saying. If you are buying a video card you expect all parts to work together without issues in crafstmanship or use. And you fully expect the Vendor to solve the issue. And I agree.

Yet even if there is a solution that's deemed good enough from Nvidia for all of their video cards I stand by the statement that using a Cablemod Cable custom built for the solution will not void your warranty... as has been pointed out several times.

So I agree with you that Nvidia should be the one providing the solution. But how long should a consumer have to wait before feeling trust in the product they have to use it without seeking an outside solution on their own? How much down time in a professional sense is worth while before simply ordering a better cable from a known vendor?

When you are buying network cables do you ONLY use network cables provided by the same vendor as your Switch maker because you KNOW they will work? Do you only use power cables in a rack that are provided by the server vendor because you KNOW they will work? Do you match brand on all the parts in your computer because you trust the vendor to make everything work?

Your logic is point on for demanding the vendor provide the solution. It literally fails everywhere else in this industry.

Last edited:
EVGA had a good stable solution with their Powerlink 41S they used with their 3090 TI cards like I currently use on my card.
7-22-22 -1.jpg
Oh shiiiiat, what the f*ck?! That's very interesting. I wasn't familiar with this at all.

I get what you are saying. If you are buying a video card you expect all parts to work together without issues in crafstmanship or use. And you fully expect the Vendor to solve the issue. And I agree.

Yet even if there is a solution that's deemed good enough from Nvidia for all of their video cards I stand by the statement that using a Cablemod Cable custom built for the solution will not void your warranty... as has been pointed out several times.

So I agree with you that Nvidia should be the one providing the solution. But how long should a consumer have to wait before feeling trust in the product they have to use it without seeking an outside solution on their own? How much down time in a professional sense is worth while before simply ordering a better cable from a known vendor?

When you are buying network cables do you ONLY use network cables provided by the same vendor as your Switch maker because you KNOW they will work? Do you only use power cables in a rack that are provided by the server vendor because you KNOW they will work? Do you match brand on all the parts in your computer because you trust the vendor to make everything work?

Your logic is point on for demanding the vendor provide the solution. It literally fails everywhere else in this industry.
A verrrrry simple, and conclusive, answer to your questions... for ALL of those risky unknown questions, IMO, that should've be considered FIRST before they even pulled the trigger on any UNKNOWN TESTED PRODUCT, by the TRUE OWNERS (not by the MSM free samples so-called reviewers, I can't recall any MSM reviewers, etc. finding/exposing this issue in their so-called metrics. They were too busy praising/selling/marketing Lovelace to care, buuuut now, though... 😏), and keep their current GPU(s) on standby for a while if the itch outweighed their wisdom.

For the impatient, well, let them continue to be beta testers and whine about issues that arise.

It is what it is!

Last edited:
They were too busy praising/selling/marketing Lovelace to care, buuuut now, though... 😏), and keep their current GPU(s) on standby for a while if the itch outweighed their wisdom.
I for one am not whining about my purchase, and I agree with you that Nvidia should correct this issue for those 4090 owners with defective cables. From the GN video it seems that some less than stellar Nvidia "dongles" got out to consumers which can happen to any business. (I'm in the car business, so I know first hand). I haven't had any issues so far, and I'm going to admit I stated about "parking" my main system until a solution came about. I didn't have all the information at the time of that decision so I'm continuing to press on with my main system with the 4090.

Last edited:
Of course, CM is not going to trash-talk it's on marketing, that's expected.

But, if NVIDIA has tested and confirmed CM claims, where is NVIDIA's certified stamp of approval to OFFICIALLY utlize 3rd-party cables? By now, should've NVIDIA directed its 4090 owners to use CM, etc. as an official solution? Why haven't NVIDIA PR in favour for this 3rd-party solution? Or is CM is saying that NVIDIA just forgot to stamp it, it's all good anyway, just buy up?
Well, so far NVIDIA hasn't said anything to anyone beyond its board partners. PR is nada on any of it as of now. One should also ask why NVIDIA didn't full-on just say that using a 3rd party cable "will" not "may" void the warranty. I admit I haven't heard of it but since when has NVIDIA ever given a stamp of approval for 3rd party parts? I'm willing to stand corrected on this but I can't remember anything recently but I could see it as a possibility. This is also very quickly also getting into the territory of where manufacturers claimed that taking off the coolers to put on blocks voided warranties and we all know what a sticky situation that has become globally.

I for one am not whining about my purchase, and I agree with you that Nvidia should correct this issue for those 4090 owners with defective cables. From the GN video it seems that some less than stellar Nvidia "dongles" got out to consumers which can happen to any business. (I'm in the car business, so I know first hand). I haven't had any issues so far, and I'm going to admit I stated about "parking" my main system until a solution came about. I didn't have all the information at the time of that decision so I'm continuing to press on with my main system with the 4090.
First, congrats!

2nd, Gamer Nexus is apart of that failed team that denied the first early rumours of this situation by even stating that his tests didn't see any of the "alleged" claims, including his pals T-Hardware (the worst at first in denial), TweakTown, J2C, Ars, Igor, CB, WCCF, etc., at first, buuuut, man, how his stance, and many others like him, has changed today, eh? 😂

All those long-winded TLDR very highly-opinionated thesis so-called reviews had never mentioned just a 10-second coverage of this issue is super disturbing, IMO.

This reminds me of the space invaders and the POSCAPs vs MLCCs drama. No MSM "professional reviewers" (is that even a real thing) or YTer were not even knowledgeable of the situation or dared to cover reports in the beginning (scared of not receiving anymore free samples 🤔) until they were all forced to due to the huge backlash from TRUE GAMERS (not the MSM) being LOUD everywhere (deja vu) and only then, they thought they had the "conclusive" answer to why these issues were happening AFTER no mention of it in their glorying reviews. 😏

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back