Cailee Spaeny in Talks to Star in New Alien Movie for 20th Century Studios and Hulu

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Cailee Spaeny is in talks to star in a new Alien movie for 20th Century Studios, according to Deadline's sources, who say that while executives are still rounding out the cast, the 25-year-old actress has been the top choice for the film's lead role for some time.

See full article...

Good for her? Never heard of her b4 this, so does not do much for me to get me exited for more alien stuff.

Good for her? Never heard of her b4 this,
Me neither but thanks to all the streaming channels and shows, plus the old methods, it seems that Hollywood has, in essence, a cloning source of nearly unlimited potential for actors now. On one hand, good for them, on the other, I really wonder how low the pay rate has gotten now that there is such an oversupply.

I want to be excited but after decades of letdowns, I think I'm finally letting go. I was reading more stuff about the upcoming series and it doesn't sound very good to me.

maybe they'll throw in some token gay/trans people and change the name of the movie to "Undocumented Xenomorph".

Looks like a cute kid playing up the I can look like a sexy teen don't you like that routine. Meh..

She's petite for sure, but her Alien-stopping prowess is without equal. I assume that's why they want to hire her. :alien:

She's petite for sure, but her Alien-stopping prowess is without equal. I assume that's why they want to hire her. :alien:
Honestly my bet is this is going to be the story of a late Teen Newt taking on the aliens that have all but overrun earth.

Honestly my bet is this is going to be the story of a late Teen Newt taking on the aliens that have all but overrun earth.
And make a mockery of the legacy of Ellen Ripley in the process.

Also she looks like Ezra Miller on that pics, are we sure it's not him trying to get back through the back door?

What's a Teen Newt?
Also she looks like Ezra Miller on that pics, are we sure it's not him trying to get back through the back door?
I didn't recognize Ezra Miller by name. Wow. From now on I'll just refer to him as garbage.
As for Cailee, that's just cruel. :) She looked cute in the photos I've seen, but I don't really know anything about her.

Last edited:
Is Hollywood incapable of a single original idea? SIGHS LOUDLY

As for Cailee, that's just cruel. :) She looked cute in the photos I've seen, but I don't really know anything about her.
I never heard about or seen her before, I was just judging by the pic in the embedded tweet from the article. I mean ezra wishes he looked like that, but the resemblance is uncanny.

And make a mockery of the legacy of Ellen Ripley in the process.
TBH, I think they'd already done that with Ripley after the third movie, and even the third movie was already on the fence. However casting these 'petite' girls in physical roles is a disappointment. GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

While we are being honest I never seen the 4th, and liked the 3rd.

Newt was the girl they found hiding in the colony in aliens. I think she died off screen between aliens and alien 3.
Ah, thanks. I'd completely forgotten about her, and figured a "teen newt" was another one of those new terms from social media.

Ah, thanks. I'd completely forgotten about her, and figured a "teen newt" was another one of those new terms from social media.
Yea and I forgot they unceremoniously murdered her in cryo sleep.

Newt was the girl they found hiding in the colony in aliens. I think she died off screen between aliens and alien 3.
You always learn something, until now I had thought they called her "Mute", since she never talked in Aliens.

Become a Patron!
Back